This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Now that Spring is here, there are many exciting things to do throughout downtown Tampa. Up and coming social hotspots, such as Armature Works and Sparkman Wharf, are becoming the new go to venues for various entertainment activities. Located along the Hillsborough River, Armature Works and Sparkman Wharf are bringing a modern, aesthetic appeal to the old city of Tampa. The chic, yet comfortable setup of each site provides the entire Tampa Bay community with a pleasant escape from its hectic realities. Both locations have outdoor and indoor seating, along with a variety of dining options, and an open lawn for relaxing, interacting with others, and playing games. In addition to those benefits, Armature Works and Sparkman Wharf have easy to access parking for a minimal fee only on select days.

Photo courtesy of Visit Tampa Bay 

Throughout the entirety of the Spring season, Armature Works and Sparkman Wharfare hosting numerous, cannot miss events. To kick off the event-filled season, Armature Works is coordinating a Movie on the Lawn event on Monday, March 25 at 7:30 PM. The public event will be showing the movie, Jurassic Park. To appeal to music lovers, Sparkman Wharf is arranging a public event, Live Music at Sparkman Wharf, on Friday, March 29, and Saturday, March 30, from 6 to 10 PM. Live Music at Sparkman Wharf will be featuring the band, Infinite Eights.

Photo courtesy of WUSF

On the second and fourth Saturday of April, The Heights Morning Market will be open for business on Armature Work’s ground. The family orientated event will be free for the public, and will offer a diverse selection of locally grown produce, meats, seafood, and other food items, as well as live music.

Photo courtesy of tampasdowntown.com

Similar to Armature Works and Sparkman Wharf, other areas in Tampa are hosting enjoyable events throughout Spring. Located within walking distance from Armature Works is Waterworks Park. On Saturday, May 11, from 10 AM to 7 PM, Waterworks Park is introducing the Tampa Riverwalk Food & Art Festival. At the festival, live entertainment, food samples, and artistic shops will be present.

Between Armature Works and Sparkman Wharf is the Tampa Riverwalk. Tampa Riverfest 2019 will be held at the Tampa Riverwalk on May 3 and 4. It is a free event with live music, a Wiener Dog Derby, Gasparilla stand-up paddleboard invasion, Tampa Bay Pride Band, TacoFest, beer and margarita bars, a Blessing of the Fleet, Taste of the Riverwalk Hillsborough County School kid performances, and more incorporated.

Photo courtesy of Friend of the Riverwalk

My name is Eila Knaf and I am a second-year student perusing a degree in Business Advertising within the Zimmerman Advertising Program. I am a member of the Delta Kappa chapter of the Delta Gamma Fraternity. I enjoy spending time with my friends and family, playing sports, writing, and doing makeup.
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.