This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Daughter is a indie-rock/folk group from North London, UK which initially only consisted of one member. Elena Tonra’s hauntingly beautigul voice and gut-wrenchingly honest lyrics make her a standout among this year’s emerging new artists. Although she began the project in 2009, she has since added Igor Haefeli and Remi Aguilella to the mix in order to round out her sound. As a group, they have only released two EP’s His Young Heart, which was recorded without Aguilella and The Wild Youth, which he was featured on.

A still from Daughter’s new video for “Still.”

Having recently released their video for “Still,” the first track off their impending debut full-length, If You Leave, the band is experiencing more success than ever. They are booked for tours from now until August and will surely show no signs of slowing down after the release of their new album which will be available on March18th.

They are a group known for thier ethereal sound and honest, image-driven lyrics and continue to use those same images in their videos. Favorites from their previous releases include “Landfill,” “Youth,“Run,” “Candles,” and “Medicine Song.”

If you like Sia, Bon Iver or Laura Marling, you should definitely check out Daughter, since I’m sure you’d hate to be the last to know about these rising new artists.

Photo Source:

http://gigglesandfits.files.wo…

All other photos were taken from the band’s Facebook page.

Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com. 
Ashley is a Chapter Advisor and currently living in Brooklyn, New York.