MUSIC MONDAY: Back to School Mix

My favorite part about my 20-minute drive to and from USF is listening to the radio. Windows down and the radio turned up is how I pump myself up for an eight-hour day on campus. The only thing that bothers me are the commercials, so I continue to find myself burning CD’s after CD’s, and I complied the perfect back to school mix.

HC Back to School Mix

1. Maroon 5 – One More Night. Two words, Adam Levine.

2. Taylor Swift – We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together. One of my favorite songs to sing in the car right now. It’s fun and catchy, and like all of Taylor’s music, at some point it describes your life perfectly.

3. Neon Trees – Everybody Talks. It’s a nice mix of pop and indie music and fun to sing.

4. Phillip Phillips – Home. You saw him being unknowingly sexy on this past season of American Idol and this song was the theme song of the Olympics this year.

5. Frank Ocean – Thinkin Bout You. I didn’t get why everyone was so obsessed with Frank Ocean until I listen to him. Now I get it.

6. Wallpaper – 1234. I first discovered Wallpaper earlier this summer and I love him. His wordplay is awesome and his music is fun and laid back.

7. Kelly Clarkson – Dark Side. I love all things Kelly Clarkson. Her music is the best to sing along to at the top of your lungs whether you can sing or not.

8. Love and Theft – Angel Eyes. The perfect song about a good girl with a little wild song. And nothing beats two guys and a couple of guitars.

9. Miranda Lambert – Fastest Girl in Town. Miranda’s songs are always about girl empowerment and this one won’t let you down!

10. Jana Kramer – Why Ya Wanna. She reminds me a little of Taylor Swift with more of a country twang, but every time this song comes on the radio I turn it up and song along.

*Listen to the HC Summer Mix on Spotify.