absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

#MeetUS(F): Michala Jackson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Photo By Rachel Smith

Name: Michala Jackson

Age: 19

Major: Integrated PR & Advertising

Hometown: Nashville → Key West

Dream job: Copywriting/social media for a beauty company… or Taco Bell, because have you seen their HQ?

Favorite color: Light pinks always! Pink is definitely a neutral. 

Favorite dog breed: I feel like I’m supposed to say vizsla since I have one, but they’re a hot mess, so German shepherds!

Favorite TV Show(s): I love some good trash TV, so anything in the Bachelor franchise. When I’m in the mood for comedy, it’s Friends, Parks & Rec, and The Good Place. Notable mentions: Handmaid’s Tale, Black Mirror, Jane the Virgin, Siren, and The West Wing.

If I could do a face mask with any celebrity: Is this even a question? Harry Styles. If he’s busy Friday night, Jonathan Van Ness is always welcome.

If I could do a podcast with any influencer: Marianna Hewitt & Lauren Gores Ireland, the co-founders of Summer Fridays! They’re both so chill and hardworking. On the other hand, Sivan Ayla’s carefree attitude is total goals.

Sign: Gemini, don’t hate me!

Enneagram Type: 2w3

Favorite Tampa food spot: I’m always down for going to The Hall! They have so many foods that remind me of growing up in Nashville but with a fun twist, like chicken and waffles with lavender syrup. So good! Fresh Kitchen is another favorite, mainly because of all the pink.

Favorite Tampa coffee spot: Buddy Brew is iconic, but I love the cozy atmosphere of Foundation and Caffeine Roasters the best.

Favorite spot on the Tampa campus: Pinnacle Starbucks is the best for hanging out or studying, but bring a good pair of headphones if you’re studying. MLK Plaza is beautiful, no competition!

Why did you choose USF? Out of all the cities in Florida, Tampa just seemed like the best fit for me. It isn’t too crowded but it’s rapidly growing, especially for advertising! 

Why did you join Her Campus? I heard about it through a Canvas notification and went to the interest meeting. Not gonna lie, I was really intimidated for a little bit, but the girls were so down-to-earth. It was a great way for me to dive in and learn more about the industry, and I’m so glad I joined!

What is your HC USF position? I’m the social media director, so if someone’s been DMing you this summer, it was probably me! 

What can we expect from your team this semester? A sense of community, branding our chapter, HC Survival Kits, takeovers, copywriting, article coverage, and so much more!

What else are you up to right now? Doing a lot this semester! I’m interning with Her Campus nationals this semester, so follow @HerCampusBeauty on Instagram and keep your eyes peeled on the national page for story takeovers and articles by yours truly! Keep up with my daily life and beauty loves on @Stepstoglow, too!

Photo by Rachel Smith

Raised in Nashville, Tennessee, Michala is currently studying Integrated Public Relations and Advertising at the University of South Florida. Michala is passionate about her faith, coffee shop hopping, and the world of beauty. To see more of Michala's work, check out https://instagram.com/stepstoglow and https://stepstoglow.com
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.