mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Photo courtesy Rachel Smith 

Name: Mia Borja

Age: 19

Major: Communication and I am also on the pre-med track

Hometown: Born in New York then moved to Orlando, FL – forever a Disney lover

Dream job: I’d love to be a pediatrician or an oncologist. But I do have a love for the social media industry and writing, so I would also like to have a blog that helps others who are doing pre-med and that documents my life.

Favorite color: Blue

Favorite dog breed: Corgis

Favorite TV Show(s): I have a lot of favorite shows that are all very different. Some of my favorite shows include, MTV’s The Challenge, baking shows on Food Network, Riverdale and the Suite Life of Zack & Cody 

If I could do a face mask with any celebrity: 100% Taylor Swift. A fun fact about me: I really like Taylor Swift!

If I could do a podcast with any influencer: There are so many influencers that I love. But I would probably have to say Jess Conte or Brooklyn & Bailey.

Sign: Taurus

Enneagram Type: Type 1

Favorite Tampa food spot: Eddie & Sam’s Pizza. It’s this NY style pizza place I recently found out about, and I’m in love. 

Favorite Tampa coffee spot: I haven’t explored any coffee places in Tampa, since I am not really a coffee person.

Favorite spot on the Tampa campus: For pretty views, I like going to the higher level floors of the ISA, the MLK lawn, and the Beard garage for sunsets. For places to do homework and study, I like the fourth floor in the MSC and the iTeach lab in the education building.

Why did you choose USF? I chose USF because I thought the campus was beautiful. I loved all the greenery around the campus. I also like the city Tampa. There’s a lot of good places downtown, especially food places, and it’s near the beach. I also love going to concerts, and there’s an arena and stadium near here, so I am set for whenever my favorite singers and bands perform here. I also love how it is not as crowded as Orlando, but it is still a pretty major city. 

Why did you join Her Campus? I joined HerCampus my first semester of college. I saw the flyer and wanted to join to meet people with similar interests as me and learn more about the social media/PR/writing industry.

What is your HC USF position? Secretary

What else are you up to right now? I decided to switch into pre-med during the summer. So, I’ve been busy with starting that whole journey. I am currently volunteering as a crisis counselor for Crisis Text Line, and I also volunteer at the hospital. I am also apart of the Disney Club USF’s executive board. And finally, you can find me listening to Taylor Swift’s new album Lover like all day. :)

Photo courtesy Rachel Smith

I am a Senior at the University of South Florida majoring in Communication and on a pre-med track. I love Taylor Swift, going to concerts, and all things Disney.
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.