Meet a Her Campus Member: Mike Tokars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Mike Tokars is one of a kind, not only with his retro cool style (which he would describe as J. Crew and Levi’s) and his tatted up arms, but with his life experience, and his journey here at USF.

Mike isn’t a newbie at USF. He graduated from here back in 2011 as a history major with a minor in literature. He returned to USF after finding his new passion for writing while interning in NYC. He also used to write for Tallahassee Magazine.

Mike is every bit as interesting as he sounds. When he’s not writing, Mike enjoys watching Breaking Bad, swimming, and listening to rock & roll. He used to play electric guitar in a band.

His role model is his grandfather, who was a surgeon in World War II and also worked at the Mayo Clinic.

He would love to work in San Francisco writing for a chronicle. While that dream may seem like one in a million, Mike stays positive, telling me “you can do it if you kick butt” and “if you’re going to gamble, might as well gamble on yourself.”

So ladies, place your trust in the hands of Mike Tokars, as he will have a column to advise you on the mystery of men. I know he’s going to be a great addition to the Her Campus family.

I’m a Carolina girl turned USF bull, majoring in Mass Communications- Public Relation. I'm a lover of cats, family, friends and mac n cheese, in no particular order.
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.