This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

With respect to Black History month, Netflix released a new original movie, titled Kevin Hart’s Guide to Black History. Acting as the film’s narrator is the established comedian, Kevin Hart. Hart intertwines his comedic skills with educational lessons in order to introduce and discuss many honorable, unsung heroes of Black History. Each individual recognized within the film has been noted for standing up against racial intolerance and working to advance equality.

Overall, the Netflix Original movie is informative and entertaining.

Photo courtesy of IMDB

Kevin Hart’s Guide to Black History provides individuals of all ages with the ability to engage in learning and remembering underappreciated African American figures. Aside from Kevin Hart, other familiar cast members, such as Tiffany Haddish, Lil’ Rey Howery, and Tom Kenny, promote excitement and interest for viewers as the film continues.

Photo courtesy of https://www.dailydot.com

Online, the Netflix Original movie has received a lot of praise from viewers. Much of the movie’s audience is applauding the film for its recognition and inclusion of uncommon, yet still important, figures in Black History, and the humor and historic lessons present throughout the film.

A critic on IMDb states, “This film shows that Black History is not just about slavery, instead it focuses on the positive, creative and innovative contributions that African-Americans have made towards society. Although there is a comical side to this film, it [does] not overshadow the truth and seriousness of history which I love about it.”

Photo courtesy of USA Today

The movie has proven itself to be a great tool for celebrating Black History. Currently, it is only available on Netflix.

My name is Eila Knaf and I am a second-year student perusing a degree in Business Advertising within the Zimmerman Advertising Program. I am a member of the Delta Kappa chapter of the Delta Gamma Fraternity. I enjoy spending time with my friends and family, playing sports, writing, and doing makeup.
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.