KAPPA DELTA AT USF PUTS ON A CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Kappa Delta at the University of South Florida will host a charity golf tournament benefitting Tampa Bay’s Joshua House and Prevent Child Abuse America held at The Claw, USF’s golf course, on March 5, at 1 p.m.

The third annual Shamrock Charity includes food, entertainment and a golf tournament. Team registration is $250 for a foursome and open to the public. There is a $5 entry for spectators. To register, contact Jacquelyn Tosi at: Jacquelynt@mail.usf.edu

All proceeds go to Prevent Child Abuse America and The Joshua House, one of Tampa Bay’s safe houses for abused and neglected children. For more than 24 years, this organization provides a good, nurturing, family-like environment for children 6 to 17.

Child Abuse is a growing issue in our society. According to Childhelp.org, “The United States has one of the worst records among industrialized nations—losing on average between four and seven children every day to child abuse and neglect.” Additionally, “A report of child abuse is made every 10 seconds.”

In the last three years, the Kappa Delta Shamrock foundation has raised more than $80,000 for The Joshua House in hopes to build a better future for its members. Kappa Delta has been partnered with the organization for the last 10 years and also hosts confidence parties, talent shows and tutoring events for the children.

Check in is at 12 p.m. at The Claw across from USF, 13801 N 46th St., Tampa, Florida 33613.

Additionally, Kappa Delta is looking for sponsors for the event. Some of the sponsorship options include:

Pearl Sponsors: ($100) Your company’s logo will be advertised in the tournament program.

Emerald Sponsors: ($300) Your company will have the opportunity to hand out promotional items at the event, and your company’s logo will be advertised in the tournament program.

Lastly, Diamond Sponsors: ($500) Your company will have the opportunity to hand out promotional items at the event, your company’s ads can be placed at holes on the tournament course, and your company’s logo will be advertised in the tournament program.

If you’re interested in any of these sponsorship opportunities email kdusfvpmembereducation@gmail.com.

About Kappa Delta Sorority

Kappa Delta is a national sorority with more than 230,000 members. We make great things happen in women’s lives, on campuses and in communities across the country. Kappa Delta inspires its members to reach their potential by offering opportunities for leadership, personal development, academic success and community service, all in the context of true friendship. Join us in making great things happen!

Carolina Meneses is a student at the University of South Florida in Tampa studying mass communications with a concentration in public relations. She is a blogger for various websites, writer, singer and is passionate about all things fashion, beauty and life. Menesescarolina.com
Sydjea Watson is from the beautiful island of Jamaica. She graduated from the University of South Florida with a bachelor's degree in mass communications. Sydjea has a passion and great appreciation for the arts. She currently works as a freelance photographer while pursuing a photography certification at Rhode Island School of Design.