mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

Just Around the Corner: USF Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

We are nearing the best time of year here at the University of South Florida: USF Week.

This year’s USF Week will be the fourth annual celebration of the event. USF Week takes place April 1-7 and celebrates Bull pride, student achievements, and the university’s history. The Center for Student Involvement is the primary host for the week, and they have put together a very exciting week for us Bulls.

The week begins with the USF Week Kickoff Monday, April 1, 5:30pm at the MLK Stage Fountain. This kickoff event will include performances, speakers, food, activities, and giveaways.

The second highlight from the week is Tuesday night’s Lecture Series featuring actor and comedian, Josh Peck of Drake & Josh. Doors open at 7:00 pm and the lecture will begin at 8:00pm.

Photo courtesy of Metro

Wednesday, USF is hosting the Ultimate Bull Talent Show at 8:00 pm. The night will include performances such as lyrical enthusiasts, spoken word, gifted dancers, and more.

Thursday, Bulls celebrate the birthday of the beloved mascot, Rocky. Rocky’s Birthday Bash will take place at 8:00 pm at the MLK Lawn. The birthday party will consist of novelties, giveaways, music, and birthday cake.

Photo courtesy of USF Athletics

The week wraps up Friday evening at 6:00pm with Bullstock, free concert for everyone. Bullstock will be held at Parking lot 35 at the corner of USF Holly Drive and USF Maple Drive. The event will have big-name performers such as Lovelytheband, 3OH!3, and AJR. Bullstock will also include fun carnival rides, food trucks, and more.

Photo courtesy of Rolling Stone

This week will be a great time to bring out your green and gold pride, celebrate Rocky, and give yourself a pat on the back for all of your hard work.

Click here for more information and a complete schedule. 

Raised in Nashville, Tennessee, Michala is currently studying Integrated Public Relations and Advertising at the University of South Florida. Michala is passionate about her faith, coffee shop hopping, and the world of beauty. To see more of Michala's work, check out https://instagram.com/stepstoglow and https://stepstoglow.com
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.