This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Thumbnail: eonline.com

The wait is finally over: Kylie Jenner is officially a mom to a baby girl with boyfriend, Travis Scott. This all seems so unreal for the youngest daughter of the Kardashian-Jenner family to be a mother at such a young age, but the truth has never been so real. And the name of the new baby girl: Stormi Webster.

GIF: Giphy

After being MIA for nine months, Kylie posted a message to her Instagram on Sunday, Feb. 4, apologizing for being out of the public eye for more than half of the year, but only for good and personal reasons.

“I’m so sorry for keeping you in the dark through all these assumptions,” said Kylie. “I knew my baby would feel every stress and every emotion, so I chose to do it this way for my life and our happiness.” Along with her message, she shared a video that documented her entire pregnancy.

Photo: Instagram @kyliejenner

Rumors of Kylie’s pregnancy started to circulate back in September 2017, and all of social media was in an uproar. The entire entertainment industry and the public eye followed Kylie’s story since the beginning, and any ounce of information they got was making headlines.

Remember when we assumed that Kylie was carrying Kim and Kanye’s third baby, serving as their surrogate? The rumors were out of control, but it kept us curious followers wanting more. From the images on Kylie’s Snapchat of cinnamon rolls, perhaps to symbolize a “bun in the oven,” to selfies on Instagram in oversized clothes, the media just ate every piece up. 

GIF: Giphy

Oh yes, and we cannot forget about the annual Kardashian-Jenner Christmas card. Kylie was missing in all those photos too, which gave us even more reason to speculate about her reported pregnancy.

GIF: Tenor

So, how do we feel about Kylie Jenner being a mom? The thought of her being a mom seemed too crazy to be true.

“I feel that she is still a child, yet raising a child,” said Tori Hope, a junior at the University of South Florida. “It just doesn’t make any sense. If I were in that situation I would be very upset with myself and the choice I had made because at the age of 20, I haven’t even begun my life yet.”

Thalia Brenan, a health science major at the University of South Florida had a different perspective on the situation: “Personally, the family is oriented to having kids, so I feel that this is something that she actually wanted, but it feels like a publicity deal.”

Kylie broke the internet when she announced the birth of her baby before the kick off of the 52nd Super Bowl. According to Fast Company, Kylie received 1,616,427 engagements on social media during the event, which was thousands more than the New England Patriots and Justin Timberlake.

Was all the build-up to her pregnancy worth the mental strain? I mean, to be honest, we have been “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” for ten years now, so why stop one decade in? It is safe to say that the confusion is now over. With Kim’s new baby girl, Chicago and Khloé’s baby on the way, the theme of creation seems to be prevalent in this family. Now we have even more to keep up with.

I am a communication major at the University of South Florida in Tampa. I serve as our chapter's Editor-in Cheif. I am an aspiring fashion merchandiser with a dream to work out of a big city (I am in love with Florence!) My hobbies include ice dancing and anything active, working as a sales associate at Athleta, learning Italian, spending time with my amazing friends and family, and traveling.  
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.