Style > Beauty

ICYMI: Bliss is Changing the Drugstore Skincare Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Let’s get real, most college students can’t afford to go to the spa and get a facial every month. Even frequent trips to Sephora is pushing it, no matter how important those Beauty Insider points can be. Thankfully, drugstore skincare is better than ever, and my skin is thriving.The beauty brand, Bliss, recently went back to their spa roots, launching the Glow & Hydrate Serum ($20) and Renew & Smooth Serum ($20). These serums are bringing us spa-quality products on a college budget, and honestly, I couldn’t be happier.

Photo courtesy of Bliss

Getting out of bed is actually exciting for me now because the Glow & Hydrate Serum is a dream to use before makeup. This serum is made with hyaluronic acid and niacinamide, giving your skin a hydrated, glowing, dewy appearance instantly. Hyaluronic acid is a must-have in my beauty routine; it never fails me when I need that extra boost of hydration. Don’t let the word niacinamide scare you, it’s just vitamin B3. This super-ingredient replenishes the skin, reduces blemishes (I’m ready for you, midterm season) and retains moisture. 

This milky serum is what’s been giving my makeup a smooth, dewy look, so you’ll catch me at Target time and time again restocking this.

Photo courtesy of Bliss

Once I finally am ready for bed, or at least pretend I am, it’s time for the Renew & Smooth Serum. While Glow & Hydrate is soothing and hydrating, Renew & Smooth packs a powerfully exfoliating punch. Forget the stars outside, the stars of this serum are Glycolic Acid, Polyhydroxy Acid and several fruit acids. These acids work together to gently but intensely smooth, refine and brighten your skin. I have very sensitive skin so I’m always cautious of how I use chemical exfoliators, but this one has never given me any irritation.

I add an extra dose of hydration in my routine when I use this serum, and I also make sure to be extra generous with my SPF the next morning!

Having a solid, thoughtful skincare routine doesn’t have to break the bank. Bliss brings the spa straight to my apartment, so I’m all set. 

Raised in Nashville, Tennessee, Michala is currently studying Integrated Public Relations and Advertising at the University of South Florida. Michala is passionate about her faith, coffee shop hopping, and the world of beauty. To see more of Michala's work, check out https://instagram.com/stepstoglow and https://stepstoglow.com
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.