This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

If you’re originally from Florida, then you know the struggle of not being able to partake in a real fall. Dreams of frolicking through a pumpkin patch or picking apples while drinking a PSL might be unattainable, but getting fall-ready when it comes to your outfits doesn’t have to be.

Wearing a cable knit sweater, leather pants and booties sounds like a good idea, until you find yourself dying in the heat and humidity. Here are a few ways to achieve those fashion-forward fall looks while braving the 80-degree weather.

Sweaters (Cropped & Tied)

When I think of fall fashion, my mind immediately goes to sweaters. From boyfriend to cardigans, crew neck and half-zips, they all scream fall. By tying one across your chest or cropping to wear with high-wasted bottoms, you’ll be able to look fall ready without the heatstroke.

Patterns

Whether it’s plaid, argyle, paisley or leopard, patterns are another way to give your looks that fall feel this season. Mixing patterns is a fun way to spice up an outfit, and although it may seem daunting, it’s a lot easier than you think.

Fringe

Spotted all over the runway, this season’s western trend is something that I have been obsessing over for fall: fringe. And lucky for us Floridians, this trend can be incorporated into our outfits seamlessly.

Revamp your summer outfits or start from scratch, either way I hope you’re feeling inspired by these trends to get going on putting together some of your own looks for Florida fall!

Senior at USF majoring in Integrated PR & Advertising??
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.