From the homepage February 15-28

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Happy End-of-February, Bulls!

Here’s a new cache of stories from the university homepage, brought to you by University Communications & Marketing, now housed at the Patel Center across from the Sun Dome.

Enjoy!

Pooch Puffer Top USF Young Innovators Winner“Streng said she was inspired to come up with a better dog drying system after bathing her own dog and attempting to towel dry him, only to find him still soaking wet. The space-age looking suit – properly branded with a USF Bulls logo – fits over the dog’s body and gently circulates warm air around the dog.”

USF President Genshaft , Steven Greenabum Donate $1 Million– “The University of South Florida Foundation announced Friday that USF System President Judy Genshaft and her husband, Steven Greenbaum, are creating an endowment of $1 million dedicated to the financial support of USF students who want to study abroad. The gift will create the new Genshaft/Greenbaum Passport Scholars Fund.”

New Mass Comm Direcot Sees Bright Future- “New technology, as well as  the changing media landscape and marketplace are driving exciting changes coming to the University of South Florida’s School of Mass Communications.  Leading the charge is the school’s new director, Fred Pearce.”    

USF Student’s Invention, Chest Magic– “His invention is a simple device, built for ease and affordability, which allows you to work out your chest, triceps, biceps and abs. It was accepted to be featured on the Discovery Channel’s show “Pitchmen,” hosted by Anthony “Sully” Sullivan and formerly co-hosted by Billy Mays, who died in 2009.”

Visions of the Antarctic– ” As a scientist, Paul Suprenand looks at the world with a researcher’s precision as he documents the changing environment in remote and exotic locales. As an artist, he never fails to notice the beauty of the fragile environment, and he never travels anywhere without his camera.”

Daylina Miller is a senior at the University of South Florida studying multimedia journalism and psychology and anticipates graduating spring 2012. She is a member of the national and USF chapter of The Society of Professional Journalists, Bull Bikers' Association, and the Heavy Metal Enthusiasts Club. She currently writes news features for USF's website and is an avid blogger. Her interests include traveling, writing, tarot, paranormal research and photography. She recently enjoyed a travel/study tour to London and various cities in Ireland and plans on backpacking through Europe after graduation. Being a mermaid didn't pan out and paranormal research won't pay her bills so her ultimate goal is to report for a well-respected daily newspaper or magazine as a multimedia journalist.