This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Thumbnail: Flickr

Priyanka Chopra is a superwoman.

As a philanthropist, film producer, singer and actress, Chopra has dedicated herself to support children’s health and education in India. She was named as one of the most influential people in the world by Time Magazine and named one of the world’s 100 most powerful women by Forbes.

Photo: Wikimedia Commons

Chopra has stared in Quantico, Kaminey, 7 Khoon Maaf, Mary Kom, among others and received the National Film Award for Best Actress in 2008. Even though she has starred in the entertainment world for quite some time, she has also left her mark on the philanthropic world.

She is proud to support the equality efforts for causes such as health and education, women’s rights, as well as environmental protection and gender equality. In 2015, Chopra became the first South Asian to headline the American drama series Quantico on ABC. Once Chopra received applause for her roles in several films and television series, she used her platform for activism.

She has worked closely with UNICEF for the past ten years and was appointed as the “national and global UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Child Rights in 2010 and 2016 respectively.”

Photo: unicef.com

She also started “The Priyanka Chopra Foundation for Health and Education” and has dedicated herself to donate ten percent of her total earning to support the children of the foundation who are located across the country. Not only this, but she financially takes care of seventy children in India who have education and health expenses.

Greenathon, a supporter of eco-friendliness, has Chopra’s full support. Chopra adopted several rural villages in need of solar power for supplies that need electricity to run and Chopra herself removed trash from the bottom of the Yamuna River in order to increase awareness for environmental changes that needed to be made.

Photo: Wikimedia Commons

Priyanka has made wonderful changes and has been in support of many causes that create positive change. Her work inspires us to stand by our beliefs and use our platform to raise awareness of issues happening in our world.

Hello, I am Kameryn Gannon! I am a freshman here at the University of South Florida with a major in Mass Communications/Advertising. I am the graphic designer for the Her Campus Chapter at USF and I occasionally write!
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.