burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Her Campus USF & Rent the Runway USF Fashion Show Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Did you miss out on the Her Campus USF & Rent the Runway Fashion Show on October 19th? No worries, we’ve got you covered on all the happenings at this exciting event. We were so excited to partner with RTR and our amazing sponsors for the show. Before the show, I made an introduction video for those who may not know all that our chapter does, just to give them an idea of why we wanted to put on this event. Check it out below!

If you’ve never heard of Rent the Runway, it’s a New York City-based dress company which allows customers to rent designer dresses (Badgley Mischka, Hervé Léger, Lilly Pulitzer) for up to 90% off of the retail price. They offer monthly discounts and also have accessories for rental. RTR has a rep team on campus (similar to our friends working for VS Pink on campus). Below is a video I made to tell a little more about the Runway Rep team, which some of our members (myself included) are a part of!

The pre-show excitement was a lot of fun. Prepping and fitting models while listening to fun music and enjoying beauty goodies from this RTR’s beauty sponsor, L’Oreal Paris seems like every girl’s dream. We had great food generously sponsored to Rent the Runway from SoFresh Salads & Grill and Whole Foods Market Carrollwood which both models enjoyed pre-show and guests enjoyed during. We also set up our Her Campus backdrop so guests and models could take fun photos! Our DJ from Bulls Radio was awesome! We had giveaways from RTR and the HC Back to School Survivial Kit. Check out the photos below to see what you missed!

Dying to see more from the event? Like us on Facebook and check out the album with even more behind-the-scenes photos and looks from the show!

Photos by Imani Lee.

Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.