Happy Spring 2015!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Happy New Year, collegiettes™!

Whether you are returning to USF after a relaxing winter break or you are new to campus this semester, welcome! 

Our job here at Her Campus USF is to provide you with awesome articles to read, fun events to attend on campus and free goodies (coming soon).

Spring semester is such a great time because the new year always inspires people to start new things and become better versions of themselves. Head to the gym, eat healthier or simply start your day with a smile. No matter what your goal may be, rest assured Her Campus will be here to help along the way. But before we get into New Year’s Resolutions and crazy class schedules, let’s take some time to enjoy this first week.

You may currently be sitting in class accidentally writing “2014” on your paper as your professor goes over the syllabus, but don’t stress! Spring 2015 is going to be an awesome semester, especially with Her Campus USF in your corner. 

Check out a few of the Week of Welcome events below:

Monday, January 5

Campus Welcome Stations

3 locations – Business Administration (BSN), Cooper Hall (CPR), & Chemistry (CHE)

8 a.m. to 3 p.m.

If you’re in need of some direction, the USF staff will be available to help you find the buildings for your classes as well as offer other useful information.

Marshall Land

Marshall Student Center Atrium

11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Bring your friends and make new ones as you enjoy candy, fruit smoothies and awesome music in search of “King Marshall”! 

Welcome Back Jam

Marshall Student Center Ballroom

8 to 11 p.m.

Head to MSC for a night of dancing, food and fun, as well as performances from several diverse student organizations.

Tuesday, January 6

Patio Tuesday: Involvement Invasion

Marshall Student Center MLK West (near Beef ‘O’ Brady’s)

11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Come and enjoy a pirate-themed Patio Tuesday that will feature different involvement opportunities from over 100 student organizations.  

Men’s Basketball v. UCONN

Sun Dome

7 to 9:30 p.m.

Come watch the USF Men’s Basketball team take on UConn at the Sun Dome. Go Bulls!

Sing Your Way into Spring

Holly J

7 to 10 p.m.

If you like to sing, join Cypress, Holly East, Holly West, and Maple for a fun night of Karaoke.

Wednesday, January 7

Bull Market

Marshall Student Center Plaza

9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Come to the first Bull Market of the spring semester and see vendors, student organizations, and other campus departments. Don’t miss out on this tradition.

And We’re Back: Andros 1 BBQ

Epsilon Residence Hall Gazebo (Rain= Andros Study Lounge)

5 to 7 p.m.

Start your semester back at Andros with some delicious BBQ!

Movies on the Lawn: Maze Runner

Marshall Student Center Lawn (Rain: MSC Oval Theatre)

9 p.m.

Come watch the first film of semester on the big screen while enjoying some snacks. Don’t forget to bring lawn chairs and blankets! 

Thursday, January 8

Welcome Back Picnic

Marshall Student Center MLK Lawn West

11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Attend the annual picnic and enjoy food, music, and activities.

Shake Your ASA Off

Marshall Student Center Amphitheater

6 to 10 p.m.

Come to see the Latin American Student Association and other Latin organizations in a dancing event filled with music, performances, food, and fun!

Sorority Recruitment Information Session

Marshall Student Center 2708

7 to 9 p.m.

If you’ve ever thought about joining a sorority, attend this event to learn about the recruitment process, meet members from various chapters and more.

Friday, January 9

Going Global: How to Get Started with Education Abroad

Marshall Student Center 3301

1 to 2 p.m.

Attend this information session to learn more about study abroad and your options to visit more than 25 countries around the world!

Spring Semester Game Night

Marshall Student Center 3705

3 to 5 p.m.

The Muslim Student Association is hosting an exciting game night filled with improv, charades, and free food too!

Bulls Nite Out: Dueling Pianos

Marshall Student Center Ballroom

9 p.m. to 12 a.m.

The crowd favorite is back! Come enjoy two pianist play some of your favorite songs in a fun, interactive event.

You can view the entire brochure here.

Have a great first week, collegiettes™! Go Bulls!

Jasmin Lankford is a junior at the University of South Florida majoring in mass communications with a minor in creative writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF. Jasmin is also the Communications committee chair of the College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Student Leadership Society and the Media Coordinator of The Poets at USF. She loves to write about literature, fashion, art, student life and pop culture. She aspires to publish a bestselling book, write and edit for a newspaper or magazine, travel the world, and more. Read her blog here!
Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.