Halloween Homebody: 5 Ideas to Put You in a Spooky Mood (While Social Distancing)

Halloween might look a bit different this year due to COVID-19, but an epic holiday shouldn’t be put to waste! Here are some fun and spooky ways to celebrate Halloween safely!

1. 1. Have a Halloween movie marathon

Halloween pumpkins with candles

Coraline, Hocus Pocus, The Craft, Halloweentown, and The Nightmare Before Christmas are classics! You can also opt-in for a paranormal or murder documentary – I find those to be especially spine-chilling.

2. 2. Conjure up some Halloween-themed drinks

pumpkin and mug with coffee grounds

What’s a better way to celebrate the spooky season than by making fun beverages? Here are a ton of recipes for you to choose from. There’s certainly one for every mood - mocktails, cocktails, and cozy cocoas!

3. 3. Bake some Halloween-themed treats

Halloween Cookies On Wooden Surface

Halloween isn’t Halloween without sweets to celebrate with! Here are a bunch of yummy recipes. You can thank me later.

4. 4. Host a virtual Halloween party

Invite your friends to a Zoom meeting where you all dress up in your costumes. Catch up, make fun drinks together, and have a spooky movie watch party!

5. 5. Go Ghosting

Two Ghosts Standing in Front of a Brick Wall

Make Halloween care-packages for your loved ones and leave them on their doorsteps! This can be a darling reminder that you’re thinking of them during difficult times. Here are a few goodies to include: their favorite snacks and candies, a cozy hoodie or socks, a festive letter, and a scented candle. This is your chance to get super creative so embrace it as a fun project!