Style > Beauty

Freeman Beauty: Face Masks for Any Occasion

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Disclaimer: This post is sponsored, but all opinions expressed are 100 percent my own.

As a busy college student, I’m not afraid to admit that I crave the results of a 10-step skin care routine, but don’t want to put in more than 15 minutes’ worth of time. Another important aspect I look for in my skincare is a product I can squeeze as many uses out of as possible. The Freeman Beauty Feeling Beautiful masks finish with high marks in both of these categories.

The first mask I tried was the charcoal and black sugar gel mask and scrub. My current go-to cleanser is charcoal-based, so I was pretty sure that I would enjoy this mask. What I wasn’t ready for was the amount of black sugar granules mixed in. Based on the description of the mask and its main feature of “polishing,” I knew this mask would be an exfoliant, but it was as if I could feel the victory the mask had against my dead skin cells—it was wonderful. 

With most exfoliating skin care products, I experience some redness following application, but even with the level of exfoliation this mask had, there was zero redness. My face was smooth enough to go head-to-head with a baby’s butt and the product washed off quickly, which is something my inner couch potato appreciated. The mask doesn’t have the best aroma, but it is the best tasting face mask (come on, we’ve all experienced that accidental mask consumption—at least this one was pleasant).

Freeman Beauty’s manuka honey and tea tree oil clay mask and cleanser was the next product I tried out. I opted for the mask version of this product, keeping it on for five minutes. An almost odorless product, the color and texture are comparable to sunscreen.

A piece of advice: Don’t forgo a headband or hair cover when using this mask; the cleanser is quite runny and immediately found its way to my baby hairs. There was no hardening, cooling or tingling of the mask, and it produced average results following application. While I didn’t experience any “deep clearing,” as the product advertised, I did notice my skin seemed more moisturized.

Regarding the third mask, the cucumber and pink salt clay mask, I have never encountered a thicker mask. While this isn’t necessarily a negative aspect, it did result in a very messy sink area. 

Again, the mask was relatively odorless, with only a minimal hint of cucumber that is only noticeable when directly smelling the product. The mask also hardened on the face and gave off a cooling sensation, which was the highlight of the product.

Overall, the Freeman Beauty facial masks all provide an array of benefits, but the standout mask is the charcoal and black sugar gel mask and scrub. At Ulta, 6 oz. tubes of the masks retail for $4.29 while 0.5 oz. packets sell for $1.99.

To connect with Freeman Beauty on social media, use the hashtag #freemanbeauties. Here, you can find their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram

Photos courtesy of Téa Piro