Five Natural Springs Within Three Hours of USF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

We live in one of the most beautiful states in America, but sometimes we forget about all the hidden gems we have only a few hours away. Most people come to Florida for the beaches, and they are totally worth it, but our natural springs are just as beautiful and relaxing.

Personally, I could spend the whole day swimming in those freezing waters. No joke. The average temperature of the water at the natural springs is a chilling 72 degrees.

Almost all the state parks charge you a small fee to get in. I have never paid more than $12 (per car). Once you are in, it is up for you to decide what you want to do. A lot of these parks, like Rainbow Springs State Park, offer kayaking and canoeing at an extra cost. Many of them also provide camping grounds. It is a perfect opportunity to fully enjoy nature and disconnect for the weekend.

This great website shows you a map with all the springs here in Florida with a link of their own websites for more information regarding the exact location, prices, and other services unique to each park.

If you have not been to one yet, you are seriously missing out. Look them up and plan a trip. It is worth it!

Three Sisters Springs

Photo courtesy of Leticia Ribeiro

Fanning Springs State Park

Photo courtesy of Leticia Ribeiro

Ichetucknee Springs State Park

Photo courtesy of Ichetucknee Tube Center

Rainbow Springs State Park  

Photo courtesy of TripAdvisor

Wekiwa Springs State Park

Photo courtesy of Leticia Ribeiro

Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.