Five Festivals for Foodies in Tampa Bay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Tampa is known for Cuban sandwiches and devil crab, but Tampa Bay’s food scene includes festivals celebrating cuisine from around the world.

As the spring and summer months arrive, foodies will devour everything from burgers to blueberries across Tampa Bay at these annual festivals.

21st Annual Festa Italiana 2018: Italian Food & Culture Festival

Photo: festaitalianatampa.com

This weekend, April 7 and April 8, attendees of Ybor City’s Centennial Park will celebrate Italian food, culture and heritage in the Fest Italiana 2018. Three tickets are available ranging in price from $10 to $75 and 100% of the proceeds will benefit The Italian Club Restoration Fund. In addition to food, Fest Italiana will feature live entertainment, Bocce and cooking demonstrations. If you go, use #ItalyInTampa on social media to share your images.

11th Annual Keel & Curley Blueberry Festival

Photo: Pexels

The 11th Annual Blueberry Festival is at Keel & Curley Winery in Plant City on April 14 and April 15, as well as April 21 and April 22 from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Admission to the festival is free and will include live entertainment, vendors, as well as the opportunity to purchase Keel & Curley’s Blueberry Wines for $10. The opportunity to self-pick blueberries will be available 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. each day of the festival.

Safety Harbor Beer and Burger Throw Down

Photo: Pexels

Safety Harbor, located in Pinellas County, hosts an event dedicated to this tasty duo. With free beer samples and 30 of the best burgers in the area, attendees can enjoy live entertainment at Safety Harbor Marina. The event is April 14 with $5 admission and free parking.

Clearwater Beach Taste Fest 2018

Photo: clearwaterbeachtastefest.com

May 4, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Clearwater Beach’s Pier 60 Park becomes a foodie’s dream. With tasting from over 30 restaurants, craft beer and wine, the Beach Taste will have something for every. After sunset, fireworks will commence and throughout the evening, raffles and live auctions will be giving away prizes. Adult tickets are $35.

Tampa Bay Margarita Festival 2018

Photo: Tampa Bay Margarita Festival Facebook

Sip more than 50 margarita flavors, Saturday, May 26 and Sunday, May 27, 2018. The festival will be held at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park and will feature live bands, pop-up food concepts and feature fireworks. Additionally, the Grand Tequila Tasting will take place from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on May 27 and will include brands such as Don Ramon to Patron.

I began at Her Campus USF as a writer in Spring 2017. Then, served as Senior Editor in Fall 2017 and currently serve as the Editor-in-Chief. I am passionate about writing, social media, and graphic design. I am a portrait photographer and a self-proclaimed makeup junkie. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @cc_red13 to connect!
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.