Find your Perfect Place with MyRentHero

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

With the semester coming to a close, it is almost time to start really looking for new apartments and signing leases. With USF being a primarily commuter-based campus, I know many people are out and about wondering where they are going to live next year. Luckily, there is an app to help with that.

MyRentHero is an app that helps students find off campus housing in a quick and easy way. Launched at the beginning of 2018, the app acts like similar apartment finding applications with a few key differences.

Photo courtesy of Makenna Lutz

First and foremost, though anyone is able to use the app, the focus is on students looking for housing near their school. Because of this, you will find lots of features geared towards students. One of my favorites is the ability to filter through distances, not just to the University, but also to popular food options as well, so if you know that you will be needing your morning Starbucks run, the app has you covered. In addition to the distance filter, you are also able to narrow down your search by price, bed and bathrooms, property style, and different amenities.

But what happens when you find your dream home? MyRentHero allows users to directly contact landlords to schedule tours and ask questions in real time. In addition to contacting landlords, users even have the ability to share apartments that they have liked with family and friends via SMS, making it easier to find an apartment that all parties love.

Photo courtesy of Makenna Lutz

MyRentHero is available for download in both the Apple and Play Stores for free, but if you do not feel like downloading the app, you can visit the website at MyRentHero.com.

Download it today and use the code USF12 when it prompts you to help out a fellow USF woman!

Makenna is a Senior studying Business Advertising at USF. She is the head of Social Media and Marketing for USF, a beauty editorial intern for Nationals, and is also a Brand Ambassador for MyRentHero. On the weekends, you can find her reading advertising books, going on photoshoots, or binge-watching one of the thousand shows she's watching. 
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.