This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

I don’t know if it’s just me, or the fact that we are coming to the end of the school year, or perhaps it’s just the Florida weather changing from a warm breeze into something unbearable, but I am feeling very overwhelmed. In the off chance that you do too, here are some things I do that help me breathe in, through, deep, then out.

Call My MOM

No, you call your mom. Mine is busy enough having to deal with me. But it really does surprise you how a short conversation with a parent or a loved one can really decrease stress levels.

Watch Your Favorite Movie Or TV Show

It’s been proven that rewatching something you love can bring a sense of security, so whether it’s The Office or that new Netflix thriller you love, allow yourself to have a night in!

Make A To-Do List

I use Evernote, which is an amazing website where you can create to-do lists, or take general notes. I love how when you complete a task, you can check a checkbox that greys out that particular task! So satisfying! I think it also just helps to see everything you have to do in one place so you can better focus on bringing everything to the finish line!

Create A Plan

Dividing your ‘to-do’ list by the days you have to do it makes tasks that seem overwhelming much more manageable.

Write Down What You’re Feeling

Secret’s out! Writing helps process overwhelmed feelings. I’m writing this article and reminding myself that I can easily accomplish everything I need to do if I simply break it down into smaller goals.

Listen To Music

Everyone has one album, or at least a song, that instantly calms them down when they hear it. Play that! Breathe with the music.

Spend An Hour Or Two On Self-Care

A nice shower, a face mask or even a skincare routine ritual can help you refocus. If you’re unsure, do these activities WHILE you watch that lecture video or read the materials for the next module. 

Ultimately, this time of year can be incredibly stressful. If you’ve gotten this far, however, you can tackle anything that comes your way. Focus on your own wellbeing as much as you are working diligently on final exams and I’m sure you’ll start to see the difference immediately. And just think, we are so close to summer! Let’s push through and make it a great end of the semester.

Hi there! My name is Ilana, I'm a sophomore at USF, studying elementary education. I am originally from London, and have a service dog! I write about chronic illness, Taylor Swift and some of my other favorite things. Happy reading :)