This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

With midterms quickly approaching, being swamped with readings and assignments is to be expected. Dealing with the extra coursework on top of extracurriculars, jobs and internships, and the current socio-political climate of the world is bound to leave anybody stressed out right now.

Many of us are prone to binge-watching a series or two amid hard times. Who doesn’t like to curl up and watch a funny sitcom at the end of a stressful day? So, if you’re going to binge-watch anything this midterm season, binge-watch something that will make you feel all warm inside like the pumpkin spice lattes you order every morning.

Here are some amazing comfort shows that you should totally devote your me-time to:

New Girl

Fox’s New Girl stars Zooey Deschanel as a quirky, fun-loving schoolteacher who’s trying to navigate life after breaking up with her long-term boyfriend. Her journey in moving on includes three new male roommates, awkwardly improvised singing, and watching Dirty Dancing. Several times.

(Available on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube TV)

The Good Place

Typically, I wouldn’t describe a show revolving around death and the afterlife as comforting, but The Good Place is the only exception. It doesn’t get more comforting than “Heaven” having a frozen yogurt shop, and a hilarious humanoid database named Janet.

(Available on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and for free on NBC’s website)

Julie and the Phantoms

If you’re a Disney-Channel-Original-Movie lover, you’ll love this next recommendation. Netflix’s new original Julie and the Phantoms, based on the Brazilian TV series Julie e os Fantasmas, revolves around high school student Julie Molina, as she finds her passion for music again with the help of three teenaged ghosts from 1995. High School Musical’s Kenny Ortega helped produce this show, so the musical numbers are going to be top tier.

(Available on Netflix)

Queer Eye

In this reality television series, a group of gay makeover experts charmingly nicknamed the “Fab 5” enter the lives of featured guests and transform it for the better. From food to fashion, to design, to grooming, to culture, these five individuals have everything to offer to those who want to better their quality of living.

(Available on Netflix)

Haikyu!!

I’d be doing a disservice if I didn’t cater to fans of animation. Haikyu!! is a sports anime based on the manga by Haruichi Furudate. It’s perfect for anime beginners who want to ease themselves into the genre, sans complex lore, and harrowing villains. Haikyu!! features nothing but good-natured humor, teamwork, and for the most part, some “friendly” volleyball competition. Fair warning: you will finish this show knowing far more volleyball terminology than you started with.

(Available on Netflix, Crunchyroll, and Amazon Prime Video)

Grab your favorite snacks. It’s binge time.

Hey, I'm Nia, your local aspiring renaissance woman. I'm a fourth-year communication major at the University of South Florida. Overly passionate about storytelling, cartoons, and Beyoncé.
Hello! My name is Cassie! I am a public relations and advertising student at the University of South Florida with a minor in leadership studies. I love digital art and finding new ways to empower women via the internet!