This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

What’s your name?

Fatou Cisse.

What is your year? 

I’m a junior.

What is your major?

Biomedical Sciences major and Public Health minor 

What is your hometown?

I’m from Union City, NJ

What do you love most about USF and Tampa

I love how diverse and friendly our student body is. 

What made you choose USF?

Being that I’m from NJ, Rutgers University was my first choice and m6 dream college but I declined their offer and chose USF so I can be closer to my mom. Now that I look back, choosing USF was honestly the best choice. I love my school, love who I’ve become and love everything about being a Bull. 

What are some of your future plans?

I aspire to be a Pediatric Oncologist.

What inspired you to be a pediatric oncologist? 

I have a few family members who have been diagnosed with cancer, so I kind of understand how difficult it is to go through such a terrible disease. Seeing children suffer those same symptoms and go through the treatments is very heartbreaking. I want to do everything I can to make sure kids enjoy their childhoods to the fullest and that they have very bright futures. 

What are some of your interests or hobbies?

I am the president of the African Student Association and a founder of a non-govermental organization. I enjoy spending my free time working on and perfecting these two organizations.

Fun fact about you?

After spending first grade in NJ, I went to a private school in Senegal, Africa for four years. 

What tips or advice would you tell your younger self about college so far?

Indecisiveness about your future, fallen friendships and heartbreaks are just a few obstacles you will come across during your college years. But always remember that these are considered the best years of your life and to make the best out of them. At the end of your journey, you will walk across that stage turning your mistakes into lessons, content with your accomplishments and ready for the next big step. 

Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.