This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Collegiettes™, the Pantone Fashion Color Report is out for this spring’s color trends! This collection includes the perfect mixture of colors, many of them inspired by flowers. Here at Her Campus we can help you easily incorporate these colors into your wardrobe.

Leactrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute ®, said, “This season consumers are looking for a state of thoughtful, emotional and artistic equilibrium. While this need for stability is reflected in the composition of the palette, the inherent versatility of the individual colors allows for experimentation with new looks and color combinations.”

Dazzling Blue makes me think of the countdown to Spring Break and swimming in the ocean. This blue is bold and will compliment your outfit. You can incorporate this color into your wardrobe in several ways. I have a bright blue skater skirt in this color that I usually pair with a cheetah print blouse. Another easy way is a simple blue dress that you can jazz up with accessories. You can also try out a blue blazer, like the one pictured above, paired with basic colors.

Violet Tulip is the next color from Pantone. This soft pastel is feminine and looks beautiful on any skin tone. This color just makes me think of the tulip flowers in my neighborhood back home. This color will work best in a dress or skirt with white or black for a special event. In addition, the sandals pictured above can add a little color to an outfit of white jeans and a denim shirt.

Radiant Orchid is similar to Violet Tulip as it is on the soft side. In the picture above, this hue is paired with a small pop of color in pumps. The floral color honestly makes me think of princesses and fairy tales. I envision a glorious gown with a sparkly crystal crown. But in reality, most college ladies have no need for princess gowns just yet. This color can be incorporated into an outfit with a pair of jeans or a skirt. It will work with simple colors like white, black, or beige, but you can always spice it up.

Celosia Orange is spicy! One of the bright colors on trend for the spring, this vivid color will stand out. It can be mixed with Dazzling Blue and Radiant Orchid. Celosia Orange can be added to your wardrobe in a dress, skirt, blouse or pants. Stick with neutrals like beige and brown. Plus, this color will be perfect with cheetah print accessories like a scarf or shoes.

Freesia and Cayenne are both vibrant colors. Freesia makes me think of these Florida sunny days, and summertime. This color will break your wardrobe away from the rest with a burst of bright color. Freesia is fun and refreshing. I just bought a dress in this color and plan to pair it with a black, white and yellow daisy scarf. This color will also work in a cardigan with a floral dress or skirt. Of course, it is perfect to go with USF green!

Cayenne honestly reminds me of grapefruit, watermelon and yummy popsicles. This color is girly and would be a pretty lipstick color. With a white dress and denim jacket, Cayenne will be work as a statement necklace. It can be worn as a spring dress, skirt or shorts. Add a flirty floral and your outfit is done.

While some of the other colors are on the wild side, Placid Blue and Paloma are gentle. Placid Blue reminds me of a costume from the 3rd Harry Potter movie (my favorite book and movie series). In Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Fleur Delacour wears a beautiful Placid Blue dress seen here. This color is silky smooth and will look good with Paloma, Violet Tulip and Hemlock, seen below. If you’re looking for an elegant color to add to your wardrobe, choose Placid Blue in jeans or a blouse. 

Paloma is a nice, light grey from Pantone. It is an essential color you need in your wardrobe that will always work with black and white. Paloma is good for accessories like a purse or shoes. It is also suitable for jackets and other outerwear. Paloma makes me think of overcast days where all you want to do is stay in bed and watch movies. But step out of your bedroom and pair this color with bright coral or yellow.

Both Sand and Hemlock are calming colors. Sand is a basic color needed in every lady’s wardrobe. It makes me think first of sand at the beach and then of Starbucks coffee. This color is just as cozy as the beach surface and as warm as coffee. Sand is a good color for pants as well as purses or strappy sandals. Pair this color with black and white stripes or white with light denim.

Hemlock reminds me of minty fresh toothpaste and soft floral patterns. It balances well with black for a classy, modern look. Check out this Polyvore I made with Hemlock here. Hemlock is the perfect light green for spring and can be paired with bolder colors from the Pantone trend. But don’t feel locked into only these colors for spring. You can mix and match anything to make a great outfit. By incorporating these colors into your wardrobe, you’ve got even more options.

Leave a comment below if you have ideas to incorporate these spring color trends into your wardrobe!

Photo Credit:

http://www.harpersbazaar.com

Jasmin Lankford is a junior at the University of South Florida majoring in mass communications with a minor in creative writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF. Jasmin is also the Communications committee chair of the College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Student Leadership Society and the Media Coordinator of The Poets at USF. She loves to write about literature, fashion, art, student life and pop culture. She aspires to publish a bestselling book, write and edit for a newspaper or magazine, travel the world, and more. Read her blog here!
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.