FASHION FRIDAY: Spring Bikinis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Spring Break is almost over but we’re about to be in my favorite time of year, Pool Party Season! This season starts bringing us into Summer which means you’ll need plenty of new bathing suits. I’ve been looking at some new trends for this year and there’s a great selection out there! Here’s some of what I found:

1. Mismatched Suits: These are perfect to show off your personal style. As you can see in the picture above it can work for any kind of bathing suit. You can pair a pattern with another pattern, a solid color with a pattern, or even two solid colors can go together. Anything can work as long as you’re feeling creative, just be confident in your choice and you’ll be sure to rock it!

2. Bra Top Bikinis: These are a fairly new style of bikini tops that I found while shopping for my spring break bikinis. They look close to a normal bra but have the material of a bathing suit. Some of them come with extra padding so be sure to try these on before you buy them because they might not always look good on every body type. Either way I do like that they give extra support so go to a store and try one on because you might be a fan too.

3. Frilly Bikinis: These have been in style for a while now but they are still just as cute as ever. A lot of times you’ll see the frilly, fringe look on the top which is more functional outside of the water than it is inside of the water. It still works for inside the water though which is what makes these bathing suits worth buying.

4. Bandeau Bikinis: Bandeaus are perfect if you don’t want to have those awkward tan lines that a normal bathing suit can cause. With plenty of cute styles and patterns, this type of bathing suit will be sure to turn heads at the beach. And if you’re feeling a little self-conscious a lot of times these bathing suits will come with straps that you can put on yourself.

5. Convertible Bikinis: These are generally bandeaus that come with straps like I mentioned above but there are some bikinis that allow you to play with the straps a little. Just be careful because that might mess up your tan if you do that. But either way these are a great addition to anyone’s bikini collection.

There are plenty of more great bikinis and bathing suits out there, these are just the ones I noticed a lot more of when I was recently shopping. Don’t be afraid to try something new during this upcoming season. It’s okay to take fashion risks even when you’re in a bathing suit! If there is a style of bathing suit you didn’t see in my list, feel free to leave a comment below in the comment section or on the HerCampusUSF Facebook or @hercampususf on Twitter and Instagram!

Photo Credit:

Ivillage.com

Target.com

Dirtywaternews.com

Forever21.com

Blog.Lindasonline.com

Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.