This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Sunday was the 71st annual Golden Globe Awards. Hosted by funny ladies Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, the award show started off with a bang. Stars gathered to receive awards for film and television nominations. Attendees may have gathered to see the big wins and losses, but here at Her Campus-USF, it was all about the fashion statements that strutted the red carpet. From glitz-and-glam to subtle, but unforgettable, the Golden Globes’ red carpet held many memorable looks.

——————————————————————————————————–

One of the most popular trends on the red carpet was the strapless dress. If I posted all of the exquisite strapless dresses there were, this would be an extremely long article. Here are just a few:

Kate Beckinsale in Zuhair Murad

Sofia Vergara in Zac Posen

Lupita Nyong’o in Ralph Lauren

——————————————————————————————————–

Coming in at second was the halter top dress. This fashion statement is becoming a hot choice in the industry.

Uma Thurman in Versace

Robin Wright in Reem Acra

Mila Kunis in Gucci

——————————————————————————————————–

And of course, one of the best fashion accessories a woman could have: The Baby Bump

Kerry Washington in Balenciaga

Drew Barrymore in Monique Lhuillier

Olivia Wilde in Gucci

——————————————————————————————————–

And let’s not forget about the handsome gentlemen in attendance. They may just be in a suit and tie, but there’s no denying they clean up nicely. The bow tie was a popular pick amongst the men.

Bradley Cooper in Tom Ford

Leonardo DiCaprio in Giorgio Armani

Ty Burrell in Giorgio Armani

——————————————————————————————————–

These weren’t the only top hits on the Golden Globes’ red carpet. From similar color schemes to plunging necklines to open backs, these ladies tackled it all. E! News included these trends and more. Click here to see all the looks!

Photo Sources:

·         http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/golden-globes-2014-red-carpet-arrivals-slideshow/

·         http://www.eonline.com/photos/10866/2014-golden-globes-red-carpet-arrivals/343973

·         http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/12/robin-wright-golden-golden-globes-dress-2014-photos_n_4576652.html

Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.