FASHION FRIDAY: Emmy's Fashion Hits & Misses

The 65th annual Emmy Awards were this weekend and all the television stars we know and love came out to be recognized for their acheivements. Although the awards ceremony itself was  particularly sad this year, taking multiple breaks to honor those stars who’ve passed away, it still managed to be rather humorous with quips from the host, Neil Patrick Harris. The red carpet fashions this year were highly anticipated and didn’t entirely disappoint. Although some of the attendees made some rather bizarre choices, all in all, I saw a lot that I loved. Below are the Her Campus USF-approved red carpet hits and misses. 

Top 5 Hits

Taylor Schilling

Taylor Schilling of the Netflix Orginial Orange is the New Black (One of the best shows of the summer!), wore my favorite look of the evening. She chose a white Thakoon gown and yellow Stuart Weitzman heels. The dress featured a slit up the front and cutouts on the side. Combined with her classic hair and makeup, I thought she looked elegant, effortless and glamourous—a great fashion moment for one of Hollywood’s newest stars.

Sofia Vergara

The hilarious and ridiculously beautiful Sofia Vergara of Modern Family wore a crimson, curve-hugging mermaid-style gown. The Vera Wang number made her look like the bombshell we know her to be and she kicked up a notch with big, bold jewels. My roommate and I predicted a Jessica Rabbit moment from her and were not disappointed. She always picks styles which highlight her fabulous figure and that's why she's a constant red carpet standout.

Kerry Washington

Kerry Washington from Scandal wore this white and floral Marchesa gown and honestly, when I first saw it, I hated it. On camera the dress read as overly busy and distracting, but in photos it looks whimsical and elegant. It's a great fit for Kerry and beloved style for most fashion critics.

Rose Byrne

Rose Byrne from Damages wore a long, pink, midriff-baring Calvin Klein Collection dress. I thought this was a great choice because it was youthful, playful and trendy, The color choice was excellent because it was so different from anything else I saw on the carpet and realy complimented her complexion with her newly dyed honey blonde hair. 

Christina Hendricks

Christina Hendrick from Mad Men wore this black Christian Siriano gown. With her bob hairstyle, red lips and lace on the dress this look definitely gave me a 20's flapper meets Tim Burton-esque ingenue vibe and I am all about it. She knows exactly how to highlight her curves and deliver a va-va-voom red carpet moment.