Fashion Friday: Color of the Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

It’s official, collegiettes™!

The color of the year has been released and everyone is excited to rock this beautiful color. The Pantone Color Institute has been nominating a color of the year since 1990. With years of experience the panel has chosen the color MARSALA. Now, I know what you are thinking, “What is Marsala?”

“How can I be trendy and rock this color with confidence?” Do not fear, I am here to share my knowledge of how to wear this trend. Let us first start off with explaining what marsala is. Marsala is a creamy wine hue that can be worn from winter to spring. You will absolutely see this color on all of the runways, fashion magazines, and your Instagram news feed, but the best part of this color is it is ideal to wear everyday. Check out a few ways you can rock the 2015 color of the year.

What better place to look for inspiration other than Taylor Swift. She paired her marsala jeans with a long sleeve shirt, a fun gray hat and edgy combat boots for the perfect daytime look.

Marsala is a universal color that can be worn any season. Pairing marsala with powder blue or white can make a perfect outfit for spring and summer trends. Marsala and gold are a match made in heaven. So, throw on some gold accessories to spice up your marasla shirt or top.

The 2015 color is not just about clothing items, but makeup too. Better known as: the Kylie Jenner lipstick. The marsala lip trend is all the rage, and can definitely step up your makeup game. This go-to lip trend can be bought at your local MAC counter or the drugstore right around the corner. Are you ready to rock the color of the year, collegiettes™?

Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.