This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Hello everyone! Fall is definitely approaching in Florida and I am obsessed with the change in weather. The drop in temperature is giving off very mellow and peaceful vibes, which is why y’all have to update your fall wardrobes. I am originally from the Midwest, so I love layering and long sleeves, which is perfect for the 60 degree weather we have approaching. I’ll be giving y’all some staple autumn pieces for whatever mood you’re in this season.

Knit Sweaters

Getting a cute knit sweater is perfect for any occasion. Most of mine are either white or brown, given that you can dress them super casual or even tuck them into a skirt. American Eagle and Princess Polly have great options in a ton of different colors that you can match with just about anything in your closet. They aren’t too heavy and can elevate your look with some cute earrings or even a white headband.

Turtlenecks

Turtlenecks were what we all hated wearing as kids, but now they have become a fashion staple when it starts to get colder out. Again, you can grab one of these in a more neutral toned color, or get a brighter one to match with more plain pants. In addition, you can put a cute necklace stack over the turtleneck to dress it up a little bit more.  These go great with leather pants or wide leg jeans.

Wide Leg Pants

Lastly, any wide leg pants exude the essence of fall. I typically wear these with a long sleeve bodysuit to balance it out. I like the very laid-back aesthetic of it, while still being able to style it up or down with my hair and accessories.

I hope everyone has a great start to their fall and hopefully got some outfit inspo from this!

Hi ! My name is Jess and I'm a second year at USF Tampa studying criminology with a minor in intelligence studies. I love iced chais, anything crystal related, and writing advice articles!