This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Hello collegiettes™!

Fall is finally here! In many places around the world, fall is about cooler weather and beautiful orange and red leaves falling from the trees. For us in the Sunshine State, however, fall looks and feels a lot different. Even though it’s still too hot for boots and sweaters, and our landscape remains green, there are some cool activities we can enjoy during the fall, Florida style!

1. Going to the beach. My favorite thing about studying and living in Florida is that I can hit the beach literally all year long! Even when the water begins to get too cold for a swim, there’s nothing more relaxing than snuggling at the beach with some blankets and a hot coffee after midterms.

2. Busch Gardens. In Florida we know that fall doesn’t necessarily means “cooler” weather, but “less hot” weather! Now that the temperature is more pleasing, why not take a study break and head to Busch Gardens? Even though Summer Nights were fun, fall weather definitely makes a day at the park more bearable and enjoyable. And don’t forget that you can get a Busch Gardens pass for $50 as a USF student if you still haven’t gotten one!

3. Downtown. Florida summer heat makes every outdoor activity a lot more tiring and less enjoyable, so fall is the perfect time for us to enjoy being under the Florida sun. Downtown Tampa and Downtown St. Pete are awesome places to relax and have some fun on the weekends.

We may not be picking fallen leaves or wearing sweaters every day, but fall is still a wonderful and beautiful season in the Sunshine State!

Photo Sources:

Personal Archive

Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.