Style > Beauty

Fab in Five: Quick, On-Trend Beauty Looks for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

As collegiettes™, the need to look presentable in a rush is commonplace—from class in twenty minutes to going out with the ladies after work, pulling ourselves together sometimes has to happen instantaneously.

New York Fashion Week runway shows set beauty trends, and some of fall’s most popular looks are easy to replicate in the real world. Here’s two quintessential fall looks to make you Fab in Five!

Bold Brows and Lips

Cara Delevingne’s infamous brows paired beautifully with a saturated lip at Oscar de la Renta, and wine was the trend at Vera Wang. With a few steps, you can emulate such a statement look.

1.    Apply concealer in trouble spots, if needed.
Maybelline’s Fit Me! Concealer and L’Oreal True Match Concealer are staples in my professional kit for ease of use and flexibility, and both come in the lightest shades to deeper tones.

2.    Set with a powder to prevent creasing and migration, and all over for a more polished look. Rimmel’s Stay Matte Powder in Translucent  is good for setting, and L’Oreal’s True Match is great if more coverage is desired. (Pro tip: spray a water atomizer after applying powder foundation to avoid “cake face!”)

3.    Define eyebrows with a pencil for a more dramatic effect, a la Cara, or powder for a softer look. Maybelline Define a Brow Pencil and NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder are both great options. You can also apply this as eyeliner (top and bottom!) for more definition.

4.    Apply your favorite mascara. My personal drugstore fave is from L’Oreal; the Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof doesn’t clump and holds a curl.

5.    Finally, put on that bold lip! Not a day goes by without me using Revlon’s Just Kissable Balm Stains —the shades Crush, Adore, and Romantic are perfect for fall.  Colour Caresse by L’Oreal Colour Riche lipstick shades in Satiny Cocoa and Cherry Tulle are also gorgeous options.

Smoky, Nude and Casual

This classic, sultry look from Diane von Furstenburg can easily go from day to night with just a quick touch-up! Smoky eyes are synonymous with fall beauty, and it doesn’t take but five minutes to recreate the look.

1.    Apply concealer, powder and brow product, like above. No need to reinvent the wheel here!

2.    Use a soft medium brown eyeshadow with a fluffy blending brush along the top and bottom lash line, and then blend outwards to create the smoky effect. The L’Oreal Studio Secrets™ Professional Eye Shadow Quads in Kerry’s Bronze and Earthscape are great for those with warm and cool tones, respectively.

3.    Apply a beige eyeliner. Rimmel’s Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude opens up the eyes, especially when eyeshadow seems to make them look smaller.

4.    Use a volumizing mascara to emphasize those beautiful eyes! L’Oreal Voluminous® Waterproof Mascara is a celebrity favorite to create full, bold lashes. (Tip: wipe off the mascara wand on a piece of tissue to remove excess product. This reduces clumpiness!)

5.    Apply your favorite lip balm, and you’re out the door.

These on-trend looks are universal and simple, modern yet timeless. For us ladies without a second to spare, time-saving looks are a powerful tool to look polished and fashionable. What are your favorite quick looks to get you Fab in Five? Tell us below, and share your favorite fall looks.

Photo Credits:

Cara Delevingne in Bold Lip: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/makeup-articles/fall-2013-makeup-trends#slide-20 via Imaxtree

Wine-Hued at Vera Wang http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/makeup-articles/fall-2013-makeup-trends#slide-30 via Imaxtree

Smoky Eyes at DVF: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/beauty/dvf-natural-features-backstage-beauty-spring-2013-2032#slide-11 courtesy of Beauty Editor Jessica Prince.

Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.