This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

DIY Spa Treatments

By Bani Singh

Who doesn’t love a relaxing spa day? But going to an actual spa can get expensive. Here are some Do It Yourself treatments that will get you the same, perhaps even better, results at home!

1.Hydrating Facial mask

For this mask, all you need is a little cold cream, yogurt, honey, aloe vera gel, and avocado. Start by throwing everything into a blender and blending until it reaches a smooth consistency. Then, apply it all over your face with either clean fingers or a flat foundation brush. Leave this on for about 10 minutes before washing it off! This mask leaves skin feeling fresh and renewed. The honey in the mask contains enzymes that help to clarify skin while the aloe vera rejuvenates and the avocado acts as a natural moisturizer.

2. Coconut oil deep conditioner

Get super smooth and silky hair by saturating your hair in coconut oil and leaving it in for about an hour before washing. The oil will deliver essential nutrients to bring life back to your locks, hydrating and reversing damage. With this one simple trick, you can say goodbye to dried out split ends and say hello to a luscious and strong mane!

3.Lemon Toner

Lemon contains citric acid which acts as a natural toner when applied to skin. It can be used on dry or rough patches to exfoliate and soften the skin. It can also be applied to any dark spots or discoloration to help lighten and even out skin tone

4. Green Tea Eye patches

Green tea is not only great to drink, but is also helpful in reducing puffiness around eyes. Green Tea is full of antioxidants that help flush out toxins and they can do the same when applied around the eyes. For these eye patches, brew green tea and refrigerate. Then, soak some cotton rounds in the tea, squeeze out the excess and lay them on your eyes. You can even make some ahead of time by soaking multiple cotton rounds and putting them in individual baggies and refrigerating.

5. Lip Scrub

Get soft, kissable lips with these three simple ingredients: white sugar, honey, and cocoa powder (optional). Mix a tablespoon of each together to form a paste, apply to your lips, wait a few minutes and then scrub it off in circular motions. Finally, wash it off or lick it off!

Sydjea Watson is from the beautiful island of Jamaica. She graduated from the University of South Florida with a bachelor's degree in mass communications. Sydjea has a passion and great appreciation for the arts. She currently works as a freelance photographer while pursuing a photography certification at Rhode Island School of Design.