ferdinand stohr NFs6dRTBgaM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ferdinand stohr NFs6dRTBgaM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Is Disney Really Worth the Money?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Let me start this out by saying that I have nothing against Disney in any way. Like many others, I grew up watching their enchanting movies that are full of magic and wonder. Many of them shaped my childhood, but right now let’s just focus on the Disney Parks.

Photo courtesy of Ashton Prater

I may get a lot of hate for this, but I recently went to all of the Disney parks (yay for friends who work there!), and while I had a great time, I couldn’t imagine spending the amount of money that everyone else spends to go there.

The “happiest place on earth” is something that families save for years to go to, only to be greeted by lines and crowds of people all there for the same magical experience.

Now obviously, a park this popular will attract a lot of guests, but for the amount of money that each family pays to get here, they get to experience almost nothing.

Granted, the fast passes that they offer through their app are helpful, but they can only do so much.

I was at the parks on a random Tuesday in November, which I thought would be a great time to experience at least a few of the rides, but even then, the park was crowded.

Photo courtesy of Ashton Prater

Overall, I think that Disney is certainly beautiful, and I know that many families love to experience it, but I think there are many other ways to spend a family vacation that don’t involve sitting in lines for hours on end after spending sometimes thousands of dollars to get there.

If nothing else, the park is certainly a great business model.

I am a Junior at USF majoring in English and aspiring to write something that people enjoy reading. My hobbies are watching New Girl and That 70s Show on repeat, eating good food, and sleeping.
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.