Diane Pierre-Louis: Meet A USF Her Campus Member

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Diane Pierre-Louis is a communications major with a concentration in media and culture at the University of South Florida. She is a senior and will be graduating in December of this year. Diane is originally from New Jersey and was raised in Port Charlotte, Florida. For the past six years she has been living in the Tampa Bay area. After completing her associate’s degree at Hillsborough Community College, she decided to transfer to USF to pursue her bachelor’s degree. She liked the fact that USF seemed to have amazing school spirit from its students as well as an appealing course line up for the direction of which she wanted to pursue in her education and career.

Even though Diane is nearing the end of her time as an undergrad, she still has a few goals she would like to accomplish; such as completing her last semester with a 4.0 GPA and to get more involved with the college community. She wants to be a part of different organizations and meet even more new people before her journey ends.

After graduation, Diane plans to attend grad school and earn a master’s degree in public relations. She pictures herself one day working for a magazine such as Essence, Glamour or Lucky Magazine in the public relations or communications department. Diane has been interested in working in the magazine industry for as long as she can remember and truly believes that this is the right career path for her to pursue.

It is easy to see that Diane is a very hard worker and persistent in her endeavors. Even over the summer she put her time to good use by taking summer courses and interning at FOX 13 in the creative services department. She described her internship as one of the best experiences that she has ever had. She plans to take every lesson and all the information that she was taught with her into the future as she peruses her career. To add to her busy summer, Diane also worked as a customer service associate at Lowe’s and has been doing so for the past five years. However, it wasn’t all work for Diane all summer long; she had some fun as well. She went to the Bahamas with her friends and family on a cruise. Despite the hot temperatures outdoors she still had a great time and was pleased with her vacation that took her out of the country for the first time.

When Diane isn’t studying or working she directs her attention towards fashion and reading magazines. She also enjoys music of all kinds and will pretty much listen to any type. She also likes to spend her time at the mall; retail therapy is one of her favorite remedies to a stressful week. Beyond the mall, Diane came be found enjoying her time at sushi lounges, going to new clubs and restaurants in the Tampa Bay area and exploring her new found interest in blogging.

Diane is a well-rounded student that is definitely on her way to reaching all and any goals of which she places for herself. She knows that hard work and self-determination will take her as far as she wants to go in life. But she also knows when it is time to lighten up and enjoy life. Diane will surely be an asset to any company that is lucky enough to have her.