Crystal Mejia: Meet A Her Campus Member

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

What year are you and what’s your major? “Senior, majoring in business and minoring in leadership.”

Hometown? “New York City, New York.”

Birthday? “May 23, 1991.”

Odd fact? “I have collected stuffed animals since I was a child.”

Hobbies? “Shopping, thrifiting, blogging, styling, trend forecasting, arts and crafts.”

Extracurricular involvement? “Social chair and former performance chair for Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc., academic chair for Black Student Union, homecoming street team and Center for Student Involvement.”

Where have you traveled to? “Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Georgia, New Jersey, New York, Florida, Dominican Republic and the Bahamas.”

Something random? “I played the piano when I was a child and now don’t know how to play it.”

Favorite quote? “’Style doesn’t have a price tag. The key is learning how to work with what you have, how to put it together, and not be afraid to stand out as an individual.” – Sasha Charnin Morrison and ‘There are leaders who have power but there are those who lead to inspire.’”

Pepsi or coke? “Neither, Sprite.”

Favorite movie?Mean Girls, Friday, Avengers, and Hunger Games.”

Biggest fear? “Cockroaches, any type of insect and disappointing others.”

Favorite class at USF? “Professional Development.”

Favorite tradition at USF? “Round Up, especially with Kevin Hart, and Bull Stock.”

Celebrity crushes? “Channing Tatum, Shemar Moore, Morris Chestnut and Nicki Minaj because of her boldness in style and her brand.”

Favorite candy? “Gummy worms and Snickers.”

Favorite food? “Lasagna.”

Favorite restaurant? “Any Chinese, Spanish or Haitian Restaurant, TGI Friday’s, Red Lobster, etc. I just love food!”

Favorite television shows?Prison Break, Heroes, Love & Hip Hop and Project Runway.”

What are your plans after school? “Masters in fashion design and merchandising or student affairs.”

Describe yourself in seven words. “Nerdy, stylish, quirky, leader, extroverted, artistic and down-to-earth.”

Do you have any piercing or tattoos? “No tattoos, but I have a naval piercing, lip piercing and two ear piercing on each ear.”

Unforgettable memory? Bacon during Midnight Breakfast at the Andros (Bulls Den) Cafeteria.”

Color scheme in your room? “Cheetah print, hot pink and green.”

Siblings? “Two half-sisters and three half-brothers.”

What are you looking to get from your involvement with Her Campus? “More knowledge on style, beauty and health, experience in magazine-style writing, networking, meeting new people and memories.”

Favorite Color? “Pink, mint and purple.”

Something you would invent? “Time machines, computer software and automatic closet that takes out my outfit for the day.”

Allergies? “Pollen.”

Favorite Song? “’Yo’ by Chris Brown.”

How have you changed since freshman year? “I am more mature, more open to new things and more in tune with my passions.”

Something you wish you could do over? “Freshman year was carefree and less stressful. As freshmen, you appreciate and enjoy everything the college life provides since you’re your first time exposed to the college environment. I loved the classes and loved the company provided by friends and our time spent in the cafeterias.”

Ashley is a Chapter Advisor and currently living in Brooklyn, New York.