This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Looking for something to do to get you into the holiday spirit? Well, look no further. At Curtis Hixon Park from November 16th thru January 5th there is a Winter Village put on for all to enjoy.

At the Winter Village there is an ice rink, shops, a café, and other food options. This is a perfect opportunity for a day out with your significant other, friends, or family.

Photo courtesy of WFLA

The ice skating rink is $14.00 with group rates also available. Along with food and shops, there is also a streetcar provided by TECO that will give you a holiday themed ride that will surely get you into the Christmas spirit. A round trip ticket is $5.00 per person.

Photo courtesy of GO HART

On certain days, the Tampa Theater will also be showing movies in the Winter Village. The next film showing coming up is The Santa Clause on November 30th at 7:30 p.m. There is also the annual tree lighting ceremony on the same day. The tree will be lit at 7:25 p.m., so make sure to get there in time!

Photo courtesy of Friends of Tampa Recreation

If you are more of an athletic type you can also participate in the annual Winter Wonder Ride, where you can dress up in costume and pedal away. The money made from this event goes towards the funding for children who do not have access to bicycles. This is sure to be an event you do not want to miss.

For more information about this event, visit their website. In the words of NSYNC, “Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!”

Tori Duncan is currently a sophomore at the University of South Florida, majoring in Economics. In her spare time she likes to look at Harry Styles and watch reality TV.
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.