Can I Get a Recount Please?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Jill Stein, the Green Party presidential candidate, has officially filed for a recount in Wisconsin on Nov. 25. Hillary Clinton has also joined the efforts in this recount process. The recount will start later this week after the recount fee has been completely processed.

What could this mean?

Well, Jill Stein is also in the process of getting recounts in Pennsylvania and Michigan. This could possibly change the results of the election results. Stein has raised over $5 million to file and has only a few more days to file in the remaining states.

Stein says she isn’t doing this to help the Clinton campaign. But with the two party political system with have, it will only help the Democrat party. Regardless of your views, it makes you think whether this system works. 

The Green Party is putting pressure on the Clintons to challenge for a recount in some states, but nothing has been released yet. The Clinton’s aren’t even financially contributing to this campaign besides having lawyers present at the recount.

Trump believes this is only a “scam” by the Green Party. Obama also released an official statement announcing that Russian interference did not occur during the election process. This was the rumored reason for suspicious irregularities in voting trends. 

When this recount occurs, at least in Wisconsin, it shall be interesting to see the results. Do you think they will find these suspicious irregularities to be true? Will the recount actually change anything? Would you change anything? 

I am a junior at the University of South Florida. I am specializing in Public Relations while pursuing certificates in Business and Visualization & Design. I hope to one day combine all of these and pursue law in the entertainment and even branch out to other passions in family law. While I am studying to achieve these dreams, I have furthered my collection of coffee cups and obsession with caffeine. I currently work as a barista and love to whip up new ideas, whether it be actual coffee creations or branding ideas. My other hobbies include enjoying short walks to the movies and my computer. This is usually to catch up on the latest and greatest shows. If it's not film, it is music. I love the thrill of listening to live music of my favorite and new bands. These inspire me to discover my individuality and brand, while challenging myself to help others find theirs.