Campus Celebrity: Jasmine Clark

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Jasmine Clark is a Sophomore at USF studying International Studies with a minor in Women and Gender Studies. Even though Jasmine already has a lot on her plate with her academics, she has found ways to become an active member of the USF community. Not only is she a blogger, aspiring human rights lawyer, and involved in the women and gender studies department, she is now a part of greek life and plans to someday hold a position within the chapter here at USF.

HC: What kinds of things do you do here at USF?

J: I recently joined Chi Omega. I am also volunteering with the TED X USF series on November 18. I am involved with the Women and Gender Studies department. I’ve been trying to take it easy especially because there are so many opportunities here at USF.

HC: Tell me more about your involvement with the Women and Gender Studies department and TED talks coming up next month?

J: I created a Facebook group for the entire department as a way for everyone to share what’s going on and I basically help out with various events. For TED, I’ll be curating the event. I’ll be a part of the evaluation process to decide who will be coming to the event.

HC: Out of everything that you do, what is your favorite?

J: That’s really hard! Everything involves being around people but I really enjoy being a part of my sorority. Everyone is so welcoming and helpful with anything that I ever really need. Its given me a lot of confidence and has pushed me to do more. Its also opened up so many doors for me! Its helped me learn more about my campus as well as helped me stay on track this semester.

HC: What are your plans for the future?

J: I want to go to Law school and study Human Rights. Amal Almuden is my idol! I really admire everything she does as a woman and for the UN!

HC: What is one way would recommend getting involved on this campus?

J: There are so many different opportunities but one way is through greek life. Being a part of a sorority has opened up many doors. It’s a great way for you to get involved in your community. But the most important thing is to find your interests and then find a club or organization that fits!

HC: What’s something you like to do for fun?

J: Beingsasssyjazzzy! its the name of the blog I started this past summer and it’s a way for me to get my ideas and opinions about different topics out there. Its completely unrelated to anything else that I do! beingsasssyjazzzy.com

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

J: This is always a question that gives me anxiety. I’m going to be about 30 at that point and its kind of the norm to be married and have children, and to have a career but I think I really just want to be happy! I want to travel, experience the world, give back to my community and just really appreciate everything I have going for myself

Sydjea Watson is from the beautiful island of Jamaica. She graduated from the University of South Florida with a bachelor's degree in mass communications. Sydjea has a passion and great appreciation for the arts. She currently works as a freelance photographer while pursuing a photography certification at Rhode Island School of Design.