This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

The month of October is quickly passing and with Halloween fast approaching, one thing is undeniable: November is coming.

Photo courtesy of Pexels

If you have turned on the television recently, then you have seen the multitude of political ads and you can tell that voting day is nearly upon us. If you are already registered to vote, then great. You have the honor of taking part in a tradition that not everyone has the luxury of knowing. If you are not registered, then you can do a quick Google search to determine how to accomplish that. If you are someone who does not believe in voting, I have a few words on that topic.

I always hear that “one vote won’t matter” and while that might be the case, millions of people sharing that same ideology and refusing to go to their polling place damages our country greatly. If you have an opinion on the world, and I would be surprised to find a single soul who does not, then share it and support someone who supports you.

Photo courtesy of Pexels

Maybe you do not appreciate the path the country is going down, or maybe you do, but no matter what you believe, it’s so important to get to the polls. Voter turnout is pretty low among millennials, but how great would it feel to prove all those other generations that their preconceived notions about us are wrong? It has not been long since women and people of color have even had the right to vote, so why not utilize it in honor of those people who fought so hard for us?

Photo courtesy of Pexels

We can make a change, but we will not be able to do it from our comfortable couches and the quiet of our bedrooms. We need to take the first step and vote.

Plus, when you do vote you get one of those little stickers that you can treasure forever.

Photo courtesy of Lizzy Hoffman

Lizzy is majoring in Creative Writing and will receive her degree in the spring. She loves iced coffee, dachshunds, politics (though not really the climate right now), Harry Styles, vine compilations, and so much more. She can't wait to pursue writing further when she graduates.
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.