This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

After going on vacation in San Diego over the summer, I can definitely say it is one my favorite places in America. For starters, the weather is amazing. From a Floridian’s point of view, where it is a burning 90 degrees the majority of the time, nothing can beat San Diego’s all year 70 degree weather. Secondly, it us located right near the beach and who does not love relaxing in the ocean breeze everyday? The beauty of everything in this place is something everyone should experience. Here are my favorite places in this wonderful city.

Extraordinary Desserts

This dessert place honestly has the most delicious desserts I have ever tasted. Its ideal location in Little Italy in Downtown San Diego makes it a prime spot to visit. Desserts ranging from rich chocolate cake to Shangri-la, a guava and strawberry cake, to pink hot chocolate. There is something for everyone. I never leave San Diego without grabbing a bite here. 

Photos courtesy of Extraordinary Desserts

Balboa Park

Photo courtesy of Balboa Park

If you love taking pictures and need an Instagram worthy photo-op, then you will love this place. It is a great place to walk around, take some great Instagram pictures, as well as capture the beauty of the nature around the park.

Beach City Smoothies

Photo courtesy of Beach City Smoothies

There is no doubt that açai bowls have a reputation for being super tasty given that it is a major food trend of 2018. Beach City Smoothies does not disappoint. Not only do they have açai bowls, but they have a wide range of fruit smoothies, pitaya bowls, like an açai​ bowl but with a dragon fruit base, and even health boosting power shots. Only a few blocks from the beach, it is the perfect place to grab a snack before heading down to the beach.

Ruby’s at the Pier

Photo courtesy of Rubys.com

This 1940’s diner style restaurant is located right on the beach at the end of Oceanside Pier. On the way to Ruby’s, you can watch the sunset and take in the gorgeous view on the ocean. It is a beautiful place to grab some milkshakes and burgers after a long day at the beach.

I am a Senior at the University of South Florida majoring in Communication and on a pre-med track. I love Taylor Swift, going to concerts, and all things Disney.
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.