This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

When the majority of students are currently taking online classes and while having to deal with COVID-19, the semester can feel quite lonely at times. There are multiple ways to have fun with friends virtually that doesn’t just involve a phone call.

Streaming

Even before the pandemic happened, I would always watch movies, TV shows, or anime online with my best friend. At the time, I was at USF while she was still attending Santa Fe College, and the main activity we would do together, aside from using FaceTime and calling each other, we would watch on Rabb.it while talking on the phone.

It can be a great way to catch up and show each other’s interests. Plus, you can stream with multiple people, so if a group of friends or family members wants to watch a movie together during the closure of theaters, they can!

Video Calls

With Zoom and Microsoft Teams being available on PC and mobile, you’re able to have video calls with family and friends. You can make these simple video calls just as entertaining. You can continue to play games together, such as Guess Who, Bingo, Who’s Most Likely To…, Heads Up, and so much more. Not only can you have game nights, but you can create themed nights too! You can celebrate holidays together, “travel” around the world, or do amusement park trips virtually.

Games on PC

You can also play games online! There are free sites to do activities, such as Skribblio and Cards Against Humanity. When it comes to Skribblio, you and your friends or family can create a custom list and draw words based on everyone’s personal interests. That way everyone can join in on the fun. There are Steam games; unfortunately, they may or may not be free. I recommend Jackbox Games or Among Us, which can play on mobile for free.

Mobile Games

Speaking of Among Us, as mentioned earlier, it’s a free game for anyone to enjoy on mobile and it can be played with up to 10 players. Nonetheless, Among Us isn’t the only multiplayer mobile game. Mario Kart Tour, Scrabble Go, Words With Friends, Houseparty, and Uno are great, free games on mobile that people can play, too.

Hello! I'm Kirstie, a college student in my senior year with a Communications major. Some of my favorite things include food, traveling, animals, anime, Disney, and seeing new places! Feel free to follow me on Instagram and I'll follow back!
Hello! My name is Cassie! I am a public relations and advertising student at the University of South Florida with a minor in leadership studies. I love digital art and finding new ways to empower women via the internet!