This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Whether you are with your significant other or hanging out with gal pals this Valentine’s Day, watching movies can always be a fun and enjoyable activity. You can stay at home and relax or you can go out to the theaters. Either way, being with your loved ones is what matters.

However, if you are stuck on what to watch, here are six movie recommendations for Valentine’s Day.

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

Not only is this movie adorable with an interesting plot, the outfits are also something I wish I had in my closet.

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is about Lara Jean Covey, an average high-school student who has her love letters sent to all her former crushes. One of Laura’s crushes, Peter Kavinsky, received a love letter and proposed an idea for the two to fake date in order to make his ex-girlfriend jealous. The movie is worth watching and the sequel recently came out as well!

Crazy Rich Asians

If you’re into drama, Crazy Rich Asians is perfect for you. The film is about Rachel Chu and Nick Young. Rachel accompanies Nick to his best friend’s wedding in Singapore and is surprised to discover that Nick’s family is wealthy and well-known. Throughout Rachel’s time in Singapore, she must deal with envious socialites and disapproving relatives.

When I think about this movie, I always want to re-watch it. The costumes and settings are amazing, but the characters and relationships are so intriguing.

Someone Great

Someone Great is not about a loving relationship, but a breakup. For some, Valentine’s Day can be difficult without a significant other, so this film is a great watch for those in need of a broken heart remedy.

Th film revolves around Jenny Young, a music journalist experiencing a heart break. She landed her in dream job in San Francisco, but her boyfriend Nate decided to end the relationship instead of doing long distance. To ease the heartbreak, she and her close friends, Blair Helms and Erin Kennedy, go on one last New York City adventure.

This movie is definitely a girl power film that involves a group of a girl friends supporting one another.

The Proposal

The Proposal is a classic movie. The plot, humor and heart-warming emotions this movie stirs up in you never get old. In The Proposal, Margaret Tate, a successful editor-in-chief at a New York publisher, deals with deportation for an expired visa. She has an idea to fake an engagement with her executive assistant, Andrew Paxton. He agrees, but with a few conditions, which includes traveling to Alaska to meet his family.

Overall, the movie is hilarious and something that everyone can enjoy. The relationship between Margaret and Andrew is quite amusing too, but it’s very sweet and romantic in the end.

Frozen 2

I know Frozen is not a film everyone would want to watch, but the sequel is amazing. Frozen 2 is about the past of Arendelle and the backstory of Anna and Elsa’s parents. 

Whether you did or did not like the first Frozen film, I overall recommend watching the sequel because the songs were great and “Lost in the Woods” scene is a must-see. Plus, the movie made me feel as if I was watching a more mature movie instead of a kid’s movie.

Birds of Prey

I saw Birds of Prey this past weekend, and I loved it. It is basically about multiple people trying to get an important diamond back, and I could go into more detail, but it is pretty complicated.

Not only does this movie have a lot of action scenes, but it has a great amount of female empowerment too. Every woman has her own personality, characteristics and backstory that you wouldn’t see in every other film. Especially even when they’re so different, they can still come together to help out one another.

Hello! I'm Kirstie, a college student in my senior year with a Communications major. Some of my favorite things include food, traveling, animals, anime, Disney, and seeing new places! Feel free to follow me on Instagram and I'll follow back!
Hey! My name is Leticia and I am the Campus Correspondents here at USF. I am graduating in MAY (omg) with a degree in Advertising and PR. I am originally from Brazil, needless to say, I LOVE the beach and being outside! I enjoy everything from make-up to fitness and sports. In my free time you can find me thrifting, playing photographer, or at home with my hubby binging Netflix.