This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

The best part of every driving experience is having the perfect song to listen to in the car. When driving to work or school, you want a song that can help you feel energized. Over the summer while working at a water park I prided myself in queuing up the perfect playlist to help me feel pumped. Therefore, I thought it would be a terrific idea to share some of my favorite songs to jam to. I am no music connoisseur, but hopefully there is a song for everyone on this list.

Without further ado, in particular order:

you should see me in a crown” by Billie Eilish.

Photo courtesy of Genius

If you are in the mood for a song with a good bass, then look no further. This song will have your car vibrating back and forth. Billie Eilish is a 16-year-old up and coming singer, with over 87 million streams on Spotify. This song is her most recent release, but she has many others that are also worth giving a listen to.

Getaway Car” by Taylor Swift

Photo courtesy of Genius

There is nothing better than driving to a song that is actually about a car. This song gets you feeling like you are Bonnie and Clyde escaping a robbery, or in Taylor Swift’s case, a toxic relationship. In my personal opinion, Taylor Swift never fails to provide a certified bop.

Nine in the Afternoon” by Panic! at the Disco

Photo courtesy of Amazon

The album “Pretty. Odd.” is probably my favorite album of all time. The song “Nine in the Afternoon” never fails to make me feel good inside. In an interview with MTV News, PATD’s former guitarist Ryan Ross explains that, “It’s just a fun song; it’s not really meant to be taken seriously” which is a perfect way to describe this classic. Brendon Urie’s voice is one of the greatest of all time and should be worshipped daily.

Kiwi” by Harry Styles

Photo courtesy of Genius

Harry Styles’ self-titled debut album strays away from the traditional pop music Styles was known for in the boyband One Direction, and goes towards a more mature classic rock vibe. Kiwi is a nonsense song that is perfect for screaming at the top of your lungs. There is no better feeling than yelling “I’m having your baby” to the cars passing by you.

Backseat Freestyle” by Kendrick Lamar

Photo courtesy of Genius

If you are in the mood for some rap, Kendrick Lamar is always an obvious choice. And like I said before, if the song has some kind of car related title then I am  all for it. Be aware, for if you do not like explicit songs then this might not be the song for you.

Kiss This” by The Struts.

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia

If you are looking for a new song with a classic rock vibe, this is the song for you. The Struts are an English rock band that is influenced by Queen, the Rolling Stones, and Aerosmith. This song will take you back to the good old days of rock.

Here are six great songs to jam to in the car. There are thousands of songs that I can add, but this list can only go on for so long. Hopefully you find a song that tickles your fancy!

Tori Duncan is currently a sophomore at the University of South Florida, majoring in Economics. In her spare time she likes to look at Harry Styles and watch reality TV.
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.