This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

1.       Clean Your Room

I read an article that says one of the best ways to be stress free is to clean your room. Cleaning your room or even your car can relieve a lot of the constant stress in your life. Putting away clothes, organizing your closet, cleaning your desk, and so on are great ways to make your life feel less stress filled. The article I read recommended you clean your room at the beginning of each week so you’re starting the week of fresh. Although it does seem kind of silly, cleaning your room is one of the easiest ways to help you relieve stress.

2.       Organize Your Life

Organizing your life goes past just cleaning your room, this also includes planning your days and making sure you have certain tasks written down. I always tend to keep a mental list of things I have to do which can go badly when that list stacks up. Your mind isn’t always meant to keep running lists so it’s okay to write down things that you have to do. My shameless attempt at staying organized includes buying a new planner every year. Even if I don’t use it all the time I know it’s there to help me when my life gets crazy. I always buy a planner I like so that it doesn’t end up in a drawer collecting dust. I wouldn’t suggest spending a ton of money on one but anywhere between ten and twenty dollars is okay depending on how much you’re going to use it.

3.       Eat Healthier

I’ve heard that eating healthier makes you feel better and when you feel better naturally handling stress becomes easier. It won’t be a quick fix but it helps with your overall attitude. Plus eating unhealthy causes a lot of serious health issues which can eventually add on more stress to your life. It’s just not worth the added stress! Make some healthy snacks and meals to get you on the right track to feeling stress free.

4.       Talk About Your Problems

Holding in your feelings is probably one of the worst ways to stress yourself out. Even if you feel like it’s not worth addressing to a person who caused the problem, at least find someone who you can trust to talk out your feelings. You can really cause a lot of health problems by not talking about your feelings. Again it’s not worth it, so if you can talk things out with the person who might be causing the problems. If things don’t get better then it might be wise to reevaluate your relationship with them.

5.       Think Positively

This is probably the most important one on the list, because your thoughts can cause a ripple effect on how your day might go and how much extra stress you might feel. If you wake up and have a crappy morning you shouldn’t let it define if you have a good day or not. Thinking positively can help you have a good day and ultimately reduces your stress. If you’re freaking out while studying for a test and telling yourself you’re probably going to fail then that’s more likely to happen. But if you take a deep breath and relax and tell yourself to try your best then you’re more likely to do well on your test. It’s that simple! It’s not always easy to be positive but if you can just try and take a deep breath and tell yourself positive things.

There you have it! If you keep these five things in mind you’ll have no problem staying stress free for the rest of the semester. Leave us a comment on Facebook.com/HerCampusUSF or tweet us  @HerCampusUSF and tell us your tips on how you stay stress free.

Photo Credit:

Blog.Heart.Org

Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.