This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

This Friday and Saturday USF will have it’s annual spring graduation ceremonies. The doors of the USF Sun Dome will open to graduates, family and friends for the exciting occasion. Whether you’re attending for your loved one or you’re actually walking across the stage to receive your degree (and shake President Genshaft’s hand!) you should make sure you’re dressed to impress and that you also are respectful of the graduation ceremony itself. Here are my tips to make sure you have the best graduation experience possible.

1. Wear something you would wear to a nice brunch

I’ve attended graduation ceremonies over the past few years and some of the things people wear concerns me. I’ve seen people wear anything from club outfits to almost too casual outfits to this special day. I used the example of something you would wear to a nice brunch because that means wearing a dress or skirt that is the right length and staying on the more conservative side. It doesn’t mean showing no skin at all but just be cautious of the amount of skin you’re showing that day. Ultimately you’ll more than likely be taking a lot of pictures so just keep in mind that those pictures are forever. You don’t want to look back at your outfit and wonder what the heck you were thinking that day.

2. Don’t look like you just rolled out of bed

I mentioned this above but some people look like they put no effort into what they wear to graduation ceremonies. It’s usually the people watching the graduates but either way it’s a good thing to remember no matter what part of the ceremony you’re apart of. This goes back to the guideline of looking how you would if you were going to a nice brunch, not too overdone but presentable. You might want to think of what you’ll wear the night before the ceremony. That way you can have a good idea and won’t feel too panicked the day of. You can even leave out multiple options in case you aren’t feeling the first outfit you try on.

3. Don’t talk during the ceremony and don’t show up late

This is the most annoying thing people do at graduation ceremonies. I know there are circumstances that are beyond people’s control but try to be on time to the ceremony because it causes a disturbance if you’re not. Another disturbance I’ve seen at every ceremony I’ve attended is people talking through the first 30 minutes of the ceremony, sometimes even longer. So my advice is don’t be that person, because you never know who will be annoyed by it.

4. *For Graduates* Follow the ceremony rules

USF has been getting a lot of attention for its ceremony rules for graduates, but it doesn’t mean you should revolt and break the rules. The rule states that when graduates are walking across the stage they should refrain from strolling, stepping, marching, and taking selfies. The selfie part came from an incident that happened last semester when students tried taking selfies with President Genshaft. As cool as it sounds it slowed down the ceremony and probably upset a lot of university officials. Every graduate gets a real picture with Judy so it’s not worth taking a selfie anyways. Practice your “Go Bulls” poses so you look super cute in the real picture that you get, and take selfies with your friends in the audience before the ceremony starts.

5. Take lots of pictures

It’s a special day that you don’t want to forget so before and after the ceremony make sure you take as many pictures as possible. If you’re a graduate you can even take a shameless selfie once you’re back in your seat after walking across the stage. You’ll never regret taking too many pictures so take any chance you get to do it!

There you have it! Graduation is one of the most exciting times for USF so make sure you’re prepared for the special day. Since I’m graduating on Friday this will be one of my last articles. I’ve loved being a HerCampus member and I encourage anyone to get involved with this great organization. Congratulations my fellow Class of 2014 graduates, in the words of Elle Woods, we did it!

Photo Credit:

Polyvore.com

Indulgy.com

Someecards.com

USF Student Affairs

HerCampus.com

Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.