This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Personally, I think fall is the best season by far. The weather, the holidays, the smells – it’s perfect! Decorating the inside of your home to match the season outside is essential for any autumn lover. Here are five decorations that you can use to bring your favorite season indoors!

Fake Pumpkins

If you’re in a dorm or an apartment, a real pumpkin may not be the best choice. Luckily, many stores sell adorable fake pumpkins that you can keep around for the whole season! I found some at Target’s “Bullseye’s Playground” for super cheap! Craft stores also typically sell some cute faux pumpkins as well.

Sunflowers

Real or fake, sunflowers in a rustic orange or brown vase bring the perfect fall vibe to any home, especially next to more fall décor!

Candles

One of my favorite things about autumn is the scents associated with it – pumpkin, cinnamon, wood – all of which can be found as candles! Plus, candles are a super cute addition to any home. If your dorm or apartment doesn’t allow candles, a wax-melter is an excellent alternative. Yankee Candle and Target have some great selections!

Cinnamon Broomstick

The cinnamon broom is something I ALWAYS had in the house growing up. Like candles, it fills the home with a cinnamon scent that is perfectly fitting for the end-of-year holidays. And, an added bonus, they add more of that rustic fall look into the home!

Decorative Lights

Decorative lights are very trendy right now – many of us have LED strips or color-changing lightbulbs in our rooms! What better way to further the trend than with some cute fall edition lights? Target has adorable fall and Halloween lights that are a need for any college student.

21. Fourth year student at the University of South Florida, majoring in Biology and pursuing a career in veterinary science. Lover of animals and hockey.
Hello! My name is Cassie! I am a public relations and advertising student at the University of South Florida with a minor in leadership studies. I love digital art and finding new ways to empower women via the internet!