This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

As fun as Valentine’s Day dates are, sometimes the fancy restaurant you thought about going to is just way too busy – and pricey. The holiday crowds can be overwhelming, and turn your romantic date into a stressful evening. If you’re looking to avoid the crowds but still have a romantic night with your partner, you’ve come to the right place. Here are 5 at-home date ideas so you and your partner can enjoy each other’s company without the added stress!

Build a Lego set

This date idea is fun for anyone, and it results in something you can keep to forever remember your date by! You can build cars, cities, or–my personal favorite–famous paintings! So instead of buying your partner flowers, build some with them! (Well, maybe buy them some, too.)

Cook /Bake

Cook a nice dinner, or bake some classic Valentine’s Day desserts. This could be a fun activity to do together, or you could turn it into a competition! Either way, you’ll have some delicious food afterwards.

Build a fort

Relive a fun childhood activity and build a fort with your partner! Add fairy lights, bring drinks and snacks, and do whatever else you want to make your fort as cozy as possible. The great thing about forts is you can do whatever you want–play video games, binge watch a show, read–you name it!

Play video games

If you and your partner love video games, this is for you. Find your favorite games to play and get comfy! Don’t forget drinks and snacks!

Have a spa night

A spa night is a great way to relax and spend time with your partner. I’m talking about face masks, a long skin care routine, and massages. Light some candles, grab some wine, play some music, and unwind!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Hi everyone! My name is Taylor Arnold, and I'm a junior at USF studying English with a concentration in creative writing and a minor in mass communication. I love painting, reading, traveling, shopping, coffee, and (of course) writing.