This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

If you’ve clicked on this article, you probably have a love-hate relationship with your curls. My curls are something I grew up hating when I was younger; I remember I would constantly straighten my hair, flattening my curls to a crisp. As I’ve gotten older, my love for my hair has grown, and now, I never want to step near a flat iron again.

Most curly-haired girls probably have a similar story to mine. Whether you’re recovering your hair from the evils of the flat iron or your curls are healthy and bouncy, these products will be a game changer for you.

Photo: https://www.simplyorganicbeauty.com/texture-hair-curl-types-and-product-tips/

1. Cantu Curl Activator Cream (Price: $5.99)

This product is my holy grail. It keeps my curls defined and frizz-free without the crunchy feeling that is sometimes a result of curl products. At $5.99, the price can’t be beaten and the ingredients are all natural. My hair type is 3b, and this works best for me.

Photo: Target

2. Maui Moisture Curl Smoothie (Price $8.99)

This curling smoothie is perfect for thick, coily hair. My friend who has 4a type hair swears by this product to give her shiny, defined curls. This item is one of the creamiest curl smoothies on the market. The main ingredients include coconut oil, papaya butter and plumeria extract.

Photo: Refinery29

3. Not Your Mother’s Natural Sea Minerals Mousse (Price $9.00)

This mousse is perfect for hair labeled in the 2a-c chart. The blue sea kale and coconut water allow for weightless hydration while giving your curls a flexible hold and keeping it frizz-free and vibrant. For girls with 2a-c hair, it’s important you can find products like this that won’t weigh down your curls too much.

Photo: nymbrands.com

4. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle (Price $2.97)

This deep conditioner hydrates and revitalizes the driest of hair in just three minutes. I use this product at least once a week to moisturize my curls and keep them healthy. I always find myself running my fingers over my hair after I use this product because it makes my curls so soft. It also helps that it’s extremely cheap.

This item has won numerous beauty awards from Allure, Total Beauty and more.

Photo: aussie.com

Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.