3 Scary Movies to Look for October 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

October is right around the corner and that means Pumpkin Spice Lattes and Halloween. One of the best ways to spend the weeks leading up to Halloween is by getting in the mood with scary movies. Here are three scary movies premiering this October to get you in the Halloween spirit. 

Happy Death Day

Remember Before I Fall? It’s like that, but instead of trying to get the day perfect, she is trying to solve her own murder. The main character has to relive the same day over and over until she discovers who keeps killing her. The twist…it’s her birthday. This movie comes out Friday, Oct. 13.

The Snowman

Based on the best-selling novel, The Snowman takes a childhood past time and turn it into horror. In theaters Friday, Oct. 20, The Snowman focuses on the investigation of a missing woman whose scarf is found on a snowman. The investigation leads down a rabbit hole of discovery and suspense as the killer taunts the police.

Jigsaw

Bodies are showing up everywhere around the city and all of the evidence seems to lead to one man. However, that man died over a decade prior to the crimes being committed. This movie, in theaters Friday, Oct. 27, turns an investigation into a game, and a game into life or death.